Strange, I can't seem to aim my gun at the Gunsmith in Rhodes

Slayer Fan

As per topic

There is a young lad being held in the basement in the Gun Store and to free him, you have to "Rob" the gunsmith so that he can open the door to lead you down stairs to the basement, well, I can't seem to point my gun at him, it tells me to press R2 to aim, instead, I'm seeking cover at the counter, if I hit R1, I end up shooting him and end up getting a wanted level.

Can anyone suggest what to do here? 

Many thanks as always for taking the time to answer my query

You seem to be confusing R2/RB (right bumper) with R1/RT (right trigger).  Right bumper will go into cover mode.

I normally quickly press the trigger while pointing away from the victim and then bring the gun up to aim at the cashier.  I take care not to press the trigger all the way down when doing so, just a quick tap is all that's needed.

This is how I remember doing it.

2 minutes ago, Slayer Fan said:

Sorry, I should clarify, I am pressing the button that prompts me to aim and I seek cover instead......

I am posting this from memory lol

I play on PS4

did you reverse your buttons in the settings on accident maybe?  should be LT/L2 to target/aim at the gunsmith, then you do the rob options,  think that's Y on xbox.

This happened to me too but it said press R1 I think to aim, and normally OI would press that to shoot or maybe it was the bumper, I forget but either way, usually I only need to press the left side to aim my weapon at something, but in the store it did say, press right (something or other) and when I did, it did aim, and did not fire, so I was hesitant but just do what it says it should work, there are a few times in the story this happens, two or three if I remember.

Also, obviously check to make sure you didnt set up your controller differently but even if you did, I think the game would just tell you to press whatever you now had it set to be, pretty sure it is intuitive.

now that i think about this, when you go into shops you go in unarmed, like choosing the fist in the weapon wheel.  to rob you aim with LT/L2, then do Y or Triangle to rob.  you don't draw the gun unless you hit RB/R1 with LT/L2 held in.  There's a prompt for all of these actions in the bottom right of the screen.

Or am I wrong?