Glitch Corrections

Dewy1314

I was going to post about a glitch but I was able to correct it on my own eventually so I I'm making this red specifically supposed ways you fixed a glitch so that other people can try the same thing. 

Disclaimer: the most common cause of glitches is running your game constantly without saving and activating the exit Game button. Try this before you even consider it a glitch, games aren't meant to be run 24/7 24 days in a row... especially a massive interactive game like this there's just too much you need to clear the cache! 

Cigarette card glitch: I mailed all of the cigarette card sets but then it would not complete the quest and it would not check the box for all sets sent even though I had 14 of 14 (or whatever) it went away on its own once I received an invitation from gills. So my suggestion is that if you fail to get a completion notice then wait until you complete another request

There's a couple of known glitches in the hunting poster requests.

http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-all-hunting-request-locations/

Glitch Warning (Quest not progressing): When completing a Hunting Request (when sending a mail to Ms. Hobbs), make sure you do not have any other perfect carcasses for the next hunting request in your inventory! Otherwise, the game might glitch out and never give you the follow-up quest, thus making it impossible to complete the hunting requests and thus the 100% completion! There’s yet another glitch; when you’ve already gotten a bigger carcass (rabbit, opossum, skunk, beaver) and you saved the game after, but reloaded the save, then the carcass can simply disappear and is no longer checked off in your quest log. It is therefore best to keep these animals for last or to do the entire request in one sitting with no reloads.

Glitch Warning #2 (Posters not available): Some players have reported not being able to find the posters anywhere. This could be because you have the stranger mission “The Ties that Bind Us” active. So if you can’t find the posters, it’s most likely because you accepted this mission, and completing it should fix the issue.

I don't know whether these bugs have been corrected in a later game patch.

I've read that you can fix the hunting request glitch by clearing your inventory and waiting a day,

I'm going to be testing this glitch firsthand because I am riddled with perfect carcasses and I have absolutely no intention of dropping them once I find Robin...

I don't necessarily consider this a glitch as much as a programming restriction like several others because if it happens every time and then they programmed it on purpose... it would not be the first! 

I doubt that.  There's plenty of other places in the game where you're not punished for already having items in your satchel.  It's even scripted where Arthur/John says "Hey, I already have these items, take them".

I see your point but I contest that is too easy of a bug to fix... I like I said I'm about to try it first and I will let you know in a couple hours how it goes

And here's my personal test I will also be doing it with the Exotic switch I have a few extra of if it happens with a hunting and not the Exotics then it's a bug... 

Edited by Dewy1314

6 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

I doubt that.  There's plenty of other places in the game where you're not punished for already having items in your satchel.  It's even scripted where Arthur/John says "Hey, I already have these items, take them".

So I have tested it and I'm sorry to say this is absolutely a programming restriction. I specifically tried to pick the Exotics out of order and powerpyx has an excellent map, I was able to pick 9 moccasin flowers before finishing the first Quest I went to literally every spawn point and no more than nine would appear I was able to collect more than 15 of the needed orchids for the first Quest. then I completed the first Quest which unlock the second Quest requiring 10 of moccasin orchids, which were then there at the exact locations I had checked previously. It will not surprise me if I have to dump my Satchel before obtaining the second hunting requests

Just so you know the only reason I'm so critical as I am myself a programmer so I'm not just talkin off the wall here. When I play a game I test the limits of the programming. As does an entire gaming class. As a programmer I try to make those limits as wide-ranging and as least obvious as possible. Because nobody wants to be told they can't do something and a lot of people want to complete all of the side quests before they even touch the main quest, I am one of those people. I think it's much more enjoyable to play the game without being told what to do and how to do it

Edited by Dewy1314

i had numerous carcasses needed for the hunting requests and the exotics, and never did run into the glitch for progression.  I had all the heron plumes and then some extra long before i got to chapter 4.  I kept getting the prompt to sell them in the nicer part of the city or whatever that was so i kept them all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kormath said:

i had numerous carcasses needed for the hunting requests and the exotics, and never did run into the glitch for progression.  I had all the heron plumes and then some extra long before i got to chapter 4.  I kept getting the prompt to sell them in the nicer part of the city or whatever that was so i kept them all.

Plumes and eggs are collectible from the start of the quest orchids are unlocked by progression...

They will even let you collect all of One of the orchids sometimes... for example I was on Exotics 4 looking for a queen orchid( which is Exotics five) and they were no where on the map were powerpyx told me, because I had four out of the five in my satchel ... I turned in the 4th request went back and found him in the exact position to complete my five out of five... now off to find the other two kinds. 

Edited by Dewy1314

Just now, Dewy1314 said:

orchids are unlocked by progression...

not sure on that, when are they unlocked?

i had orchids in my satchel before chapter 4 when you get the exotic quests that were needed for the quests.  I found a couple of the Lady Slipper from the west elizabeth area near the trapper  while hunting in chapter 2 and some of the Sparrow Egg, or is it the Dragon's Mouth  from roanoke around Annesburg in chapter 2 also.  I know it was chapter 2 as i was hunting for the legend satchel and i got that before i started chapter 3.

3 minutes ago, Kormath said:

not sure on that, when are they unlocked?

i had orchids in my satchel before chapter 4 when you get the exotic quests that were needed for the quests.  I found a couple of the Lady Slipper from the west elizabeth area near the trapper  while hunting in chapter 2 and some of the Sparrow Egg, or is it the Dragon's Mouth  from roanoke around Annesburg in chapter 2 also.  I know it was chapter 2 as i was hunting for the legend satchel and i got that before i started chapter 3.

So that explains how I have one of those already in my satchel and not checked off my herbalist challenge because I got it so early in the game! The only thing I was testing was the ability to collect all of the required quantity which I have proven impossible to separate times... I'll tell you that gives me a little bit of but I still lost most of it when I realized I couldn't complete all challenges as Arthur... I read online somewhere that you couldn't get the orchids before the Exotics which I had personally been confused by and you just proved them wrong

Edited by Dewy1314

For the Herbalist 9 challenge, you need to pick all variants of the 43 plants after you get the prompt.  If you've already got them in your satchel, you'll need to get them all over again.

When I played this part of the game, I chose to start Herbalist 9 at the same time as the exotic hunting, so I got all of my orchids ticket off as I found them.

Just now, Foxtrot said:

For the Herbalist 9 challenge, you need to pick all variants of the 43 plants after you get the prompt.  If you've already got them in your satchel, you'll need to get them all over again.

When I played this part of the game, I chose to start Herbalist 9 at the same time as the exotic hunting, so I got all of my orchids ticket off as I found them.

right, you have to pick them again for the herbalist, they count though for the exotics & hunting requests if you get them early.

4 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Yeah I'm in the process of completing both of them right now the last Orchid on the list is also my 43rd herb... I'm also picking off murdered free Brothers while they're loading other people for my stealth bow challenge

I can confirm that the glitches in the hunting requests I quoted above are now fixed.  I'm able to collect animals before they're due and not have to discard them before each round.

So that's good news.  Just have to find a darned skunk.

17 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

I can confirm that the glitches in the hunting requests I quoted above are now fixed.  I'm able to collect animals before they're due and not have to discard them before each round.

They breed like bunnies in the tall trees ... any idea where I can find a swarm of opossums?

19 minutes ago, Dewy1314 said:

They breed like bunnies in the tall trees ... any idea where I can find a swarm of opossums?

all over the map, they're nocturnal.  i found all of mine in West Elizabeth up near the legendary buck area, around the old oil derrick south of Twin Stack Pass, and there's some along Ringneck Creek.  those are the only 3 reliable spots i found.   I'd search in West elizabeth all night, then go to Valentine and spend the day with the bath girl and sleep till evening, then ride from valentine through the open lands to the oil derrick, i usually found them in brush between the tracks and the derrick or in the draw at the derrick and up the hill.  go from there to the creek and you'll spot them sometimes out in the open grasslands.  When you get to the creek ride down it just below the pond to the Kamassa River, sometimes you'll find 2 'possum there.  Don't forget to hit your eagle eye every so often to help spot them. 

• Like 1

I find that most nocturnal critters that are small hand out most near cities and such. I guess this is true to nature in the real world. I see all kinds of skunks, coons, possums, and the like handing out around here at night when the weather warms up. Trash diggers! 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 12:23 PM, Foxtrot said:

I know it's been a while but how are they are fixed? They aren't for me at least. I have completed all five. I wish I was in your boat. I wasn't aware of the glitch when I started it. I had 3 perfect bat carcasses when I started the first one. I read about this glitch when I went to the powepyx guide to find out where one of the animals was probably around the 3rd request. So I went and sold my 3 perfect carcasses. And I thought that might be good enough.

I finished the remaining request thinking I avoiding the glitch. I completed challenges and the legendary fish kind of forgetting about these hunting request. Then I realized its been more than 2 in game days But no progress after mailing out the last of the carcasses and powerpyx says it should only take 1-2 days to receive the invitation. Now I'm stuck at 99% completion just finished all of the challenges. I'm 100% done the story. So it's not that I have completed all five. It's been probably an in game month and I'm not receiving the invitation from mrs. Hobbs or whoever. 

What can I do. I've hounded rockstar support but it just comes down to them apologizing and telling me to go back to a previous save. By the time I realized this glitch actually did occur I completed way too much stuff to go back. 

20190821_144920.jpg