Effects of Cheat Codes

Shurtugal389

Question

I am considering using cheat codes to procure high end and fully bonded horses for my exploration of Mexico.    I know that cheats disable certain things, including achievements.  So my question is this: would the game disable my progress towards the Gold Rush achievement dispite it having nothing to do with the free roam that I've already conquered?

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Shurtugal389 said:

I am considering using cheat codes to procure high end and fully bonded horses for my exploration of Mexico.    I know that cheats disable certain things, including achievements.  So my question is this: would the game disable my progress towards the Gold Rush achievement dispite it having nothing to do with the free roam that I've already conquered?

Since Gold Rush is getting 70 gold medals in story missions, I can't fathom how you would be able to get it with cheats. Nor do I fully understand what having a fully bonded horse in Mexico has to do with it. Cheats will stop you from being able to save and once it disables the achievements... Gold rush and all the others will be off the table. 

If having fully bonded horses is your issue then I strongly recommend you find and beat the horse races in the game so that you can have a faster horse and faster bonding skills. I find it generally takes less than one game day to fully Bond a horse... 

2 hours ago, Dewy1314 said:

I find it generally takes less than one game day to fully Bond a horse...

3-4 hours in real time.  ride it the majority of that time, feed it, brush it, pat it, etc. to get the bonding points.  Fairly simple to catch a wild horse and have it fully bonded in that time frame.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dewy1314 said:

Since Gold Rush is getting 70 gold medals in story missions, I can't fathom how you would be able to get it with cheats. Nor do I fully understand what having a fully bonded horse in Mexico has to do with it. Cheats will stop you from being able to save and once it disables the achievements... Gold rush and all the others will be off the table. 

If having fully bonded horses is your issue then I strongly recommend you find and beat the horse races in the game so that you can have a faster horse and faster bonding skills. I find it generally takes less than one game day to fully Bond a horse... 

I don't play multiplayer.  Since I got 100%, I've been doing off-map exploration.  Mexico's huge and empty so it sucks to have to walk, but I don't know how to get a horse over there without cheating.  I didn't think that'd affect replaying missions, but it might.  The bonding part's not an issue, but there is a code for that, too.

12 hours ago, Kormath said:

3-4 hours in real time.  ride it the majority of that time, feed it, brush it, pat it, etc. to get the bonding points.  Fairly simple to catch a wild horse and have it fully bonded in that time frame.

Much, much less time than that if you constantly feed it and pat it while you ride.  More like 1/2 hour or 45 minutes tops, but that's not at all the point of this post.  This is about whether procuring a horse using a cheat code would disable achievements related to replaying missions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shurtugal389 said:

I don't play multiplayer.  Since I got 100%, I've been doing off-map exploration.  Mexico's huge and empty so it sucks to have to walk, but I don't know how to get a horse over there without cheating.  I didn't think that'd affect replaying missions, but it might.  The bonding part's not an issue, but there is a code for that, too.

I was confusing map locations, where is Mexico and how do you get there?

9 hours ago, Shurtugal389 said:

Much, much less time than that if you constantly feed it and pat it while you ride.  More like 1/2 hour or 45 minutes tops, but that's not at all the point of this post.  

Like @bluntTR4P said it depends on the horse,  standard breeds yeah you can do in an hour-ish.  Elite horses take much much longer.  constantly feeding/patting is a waste of time and thumb energy,  there's  a timer on when you can do it again to get more bonding points after the previous time. 

This is about whether procuring a horse using a cheat code would disable achievements related to replaying missions.

That was already answered by @Dewy1314,  cheat codes disable achievements and saving the game.

• Thanks 1