Lures and Special Lures Online Beta

Cerberus

Question

I'm considering buying the special fishing lures for 4 Gold bars. But I've been told that if the line breaks you lose the lures. But I've been told the special lures won't be lost if the line breaks. Can anyone confirm this? Also, if I spend the gold bars on the lures, do I bypass the level requirement on buying them again? Allowing me to use money instead of gold, because I've spent the gold bars to unlock them?

8 answers to this question

The "Special spinner" catches everything and apparently can't be lost now but definitely could be previously. After that a normal river lure will catch (only) the larger fish (Salmon/Trout,/Bass and up) anywhere at all. These two are arguably all you need.

The "special River/Lake/Swamp lures" are a different thing altogether and I am pretty certain give no extra benefit online yet as they were intended purely for "legendary" fishing in SP.

To buy any of them for cash rather than gold, you must be at the proper rank. Have not lost a lure for quite a while now. Here's hoping, although now I have ranked up it's not a biggy if I do lose one any more. In any case the several bars I had to spend in the early days were well worth it in terms of fishing efficiency.

Edited by Traks1

On 3/18/2019 at 12:22 AM, Cerberus said:

I'm considering buying the special fishing lures for 4 Gold bars. But I've been told that if the line breaks you lose the lures. But I've been told the special lures won't be lost if the line breaks. Can anyone confirm this? Also, if I spend the gold bars on the lures, do I bypass the level requirement on buying them again? Allowing me to use money instead of gold, because I've spent the gold bars to unlock them?

I had the lake lure, forget how I got it but I was very new so I didnt buy it, it was a gift I think from Rockstar fro doing something.

Anyway I accidentally cut my line while using it and yes, you lose it, I am so mad I lost my lure, argg!!

It was great because if you fish like I did , you can use the lure to avoid smaller fish, so you dont waste time with red fin or chain pickerel, or rock bass or blue gills, not that I dont catch those, I do, with bread then I switch to lure to avoid catching more since I cant carry more, this stradegy was working really well for me, I woudl catch 10 of each of those plus bull heads, then catch 10 large mouths, 10 small mouths, 10 steel heads and 1 stergeon, so everytime I went to the butcher is was pretty lucrative.

Now it is a pin as I end up releasing many fish I cant carry, what is super irritating, is I cant even buy a lure not til level 30!!! wtf is that??

On 3/18/2019 at 5:22 PM, Cerberus said:

Just buy the special spinner it is the lure for everything.

• Like 1

What he said plus an ordinary river lure seems to work for everything else when you don't need to catch any more tiddlers. Not lost a lure for months and the ones I lost paid (with gold initially) for themselves in hours not wasted with extra baiting animations.

Edited by Traks1

Just to update this, after catching nearly 3,000 fish I can say for 100% sure all you need is one lure, any lure.

You can use any lure in any body of water and you will catch medium to large sized fish, no need to have the swamp, lake and river lures, just grab one and go.

I use the river lure for everything.

On 3/18/2019 at 10:01 AM, Vaderspupil said:

In my case I wish you could lose the special spinner. I have 2 of them, the one I bought myself and now the one I was gifted from Rockstar that is permanently stuck in my mailbox. I can't collect it because of the one I already own.🙄

You can't even swap them out? That seems strange. You would think they would allow you to do something with the spare. Heck, even allow you to sell it or something.