Is there a way to keep count of headshots?

Samago

Question

My mom loves RDR but has run into trouble in keeping count of headshots. I think she is trying to complete an achievement. I haven't played RDR 1 or 2. I searched the internet but couldn't find anything about a headshot indicator or counter in either game. I was hoping maybe someone on here could be of better assistance. Here is the original text she sent me:  

"Hey if you get a chance can you help me out with some research on Red Dead Redemption 2? I'm trying to find out if there's a way that I can keep count of headshots.. the old Redemption used to show me on the screen to help keep count.. maybe I need to buy something from the PlayStation Store upgrade..??" 

If anyone can help my mom out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Samago

5 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Samago said:

My mom loves RDR but has run into trouble in keeping count of headshots. I think she is trying to complete an achievement. I haven't played RDR 1 or 2. I searched the internet but couldn't find anything about a headshot indicator or counter in either game. I was hoping maybe someone on here could be of better assistance. Here is the original text she sent me:  

"Hey if you get a chance can you help me out with some research on Red Dead Redemption 2? I'm trying to find out if there's a way that I can keep count of headshots.. the old Redemption used to show me on the screen to help keep count.. maybe I need to buy something from the PlayStation Store upgrade..??" 

If anyone can help my mom out with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like she's on Sharpshooter 7 challenge - Get 7 headshots in a row.  If i recall correctly you can tap left on the D-pad and then hit R1/RB to look at your active challenges.  It should show your consecutive headshot count there.

Headshots are fairly easy to get.  You can ride around like i did and shoot the lone people riding horses.  Aim at them, tap up on the stick and shoot.

Another easy spot i found after doing the riding around when i had to redo this from using a previous save is the shack on the east side of the oil refinery.  You can use dead eye on the 3 people outside of the shack (it's on stilts, has a generator looking machine inside it) then use the doorway for cover and headshot the guards and lawmen as they rush over to kill you.  And if you miss and screw up the headshot count there's plenty of guys there to restart it.

• Thanks 1

There are no trophies in RDR2 that relate to headshots.

In the story mode of the game, there's no pop-up count of headshots.  There might be in Online, but not in the story.  You do, however, get a count of headshots per weapon in the weapons part of the compendium, so you can add those up.

In Red Dead Redemption 1, there was Bullseye - Get 250 headshots in any game mode.

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2019 at 3:13 AM, Foxtrot said:

There are no trophies in RDR2 that relate to headshots.

In the story mode of the game, there's no pop-up count of headshots.  There might be in Online, but not in the story.  You do, however, get a count of headshots per weapon in the weapons part of the compendium, so you can add those up.

In Red Dead Redemption 1, there was Bullseye - Get 250 headshots in any game mode.

You're full of garbage. Sharpshooter challenge 7 is make 7 headshots in a row so I don't know what you are playing but it's obviously not the same game we are.

PS4 trophies (or Xbox acheivments), not trapper challenges.  They're different things.  The OP thought there might be an achievement, and I was pointing out that there isn't.  Other people rightly thought it might be Sharpshooter 7, we never really got an answer.

• Like 1