Walking/Carrying changes

Moosh89

Another thing I noticed they changed was your ability to walk and carry things like large pelts. Previously you could consume items while shouldering a pelt or animal which I did lots, I'd chew some cocaine gum while I carried an extra 3 star carcass or pelt to the nearest butcher. I also noticed they severely nerfed the walking speed while carrying something, which sucks. Absolutely no reason for this as it wasn't "cheesing" the system. They're making things unnecessarily hard.

Yeah I did catch on to this too. I don't mind them making use get tired after a while but making us this weak for no reason seems silly. Not to mention, you are a bigger target for trolls now because you move slower.

I still huffed it from Heartland Overflow down to Rhodes butcher with a 3 star bison pelt and my horse following with another. I had to go to Rhodes because Valentine was a sea of red dots.

I wish you could take multiple horses from the stable. Once they add wagons and thus a reason for Draft horses to work proper, I sure hope they make it so you can stow carcasses and pelts in them.

But yep, I don't get why you can't consume items while carrying anymore. The walking speed nerf I'd be fine with. but I do wish you could fast-walk or jog while leading your horse around.

I haven’t noticed the change. But then again, I always saw it as a waste of time to carry more than one big carcass or skin around. I’ll occasionally lasso and drag the whole carcass if I got two high value critters I just can’t pass up... but that’s just me and my style

21 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

I haven’t noticed the change. But then again, I always saw it as a waste of time to carry more than one big carcass or skin around. I’ll occasionally lasso and drag the whole carcass if I got two high value critters I just can’t pass up... but that’s just me and my style

Does dragging a 3 star animal devalue/damage it?

Does anyone know when or if carrying capacity increases (ammo, materials, tonics,etc) at higher levels online, like a satchel upgrade in story mode? The only thing I have seen thus far (level 39, almost 40) is the horse can carry 5 saved outfits as opposed to 3 at low level