Serial Killer Clue Missing

Eyrmia

Question

I collected the Valentine clue first. Later, was riding down by Rhodes, picked up the clue there. Then I got killed by some Lemoyne Raiders and the game reloaded me to right outside the forest where the Rhodes clue is. I assumed I had it, went on with my life. Got the last clue near Wallace Station, but the map didn’t complete. Looked through my satchel and I don’t have the Rhodes clue. Rode back to Rhodes, there’s blood but no body and no head. Used Dead Eye, nothing. Rode to Valentine, but there’s nothing there and I have that piece already.

Is there any fix for this? Can’t reload a save because it was an auto-save that reset me. Tried closing the game and reopening, then went back to Rhodes. Nothing. 

I’m on PS4. 

4 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Eyrmia said:

I collected the Valentine clue first. Later, was riding down by Rhodes, picked up the clue there. Then I got killed by some Lemoyne Raiders and the game reloaded me to right outside the forest where the Rhodes clue is. I assumed I had it, went on with my life. Got the last clue near Wallace Station, but the map didn’t complete. Looked through my satchel and I don’t have the Rhodes clue. Rode back to Rhodes, there’s blood but no body and no head. Used Dead Eye, nothing. Rode to Valentine, but there’s nothing there and I have that piece already.

Is there any fix for this? Can’t reload a save because it was an auto-save that reset me. Tried closing the game and reopening, then went back to Rhodes. Nothing. 

I’m on PS4. 

save often,  don't rely on auto-saves.  You're screwed to be blunt. 

12 hours ago, Eyrmia said:

I’m on PS4. 

So, I think all you have to do is load any old save, load up an older save from chapter 2, ride out to Rhodes and discover the clue, note it in the journal and you should be ok, I am guessing here but I do think it will work.

Nope.  Each save game is a different game.

Spoiler

Although you could load up an earlier save and find all the clues and complete that strand before reloading the later strand.  This mission has very little bearing on the story and there's no real treasure here to obtain.  I don't recall there being any unique reward at all.

7 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Nope.  Each save game is a different game.

Reveal hidden contents

Although you could load up an earlier save and find all the clues and complete that strand before reloading the later strand.  This mission has very little bearing on the story and there's no real treasure here to obtain.  I don't recall there being any unique reward at all.

I just finished this "quest" last night.  Nothing unique, just stuff to sell for some cash.  it doesn't count to your explorer challenges either.