Internet required to install and play?

TheRpgGamer

Question

Hi all,

I don't connect my console to the internet at the moment. I want to play this game. Can I install this game and play it without my console connected to the internet? Or is a online activation required?

Playing on PS4

Edited by TheRpgGamer

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, TheRpgGamer said:

Hi all,

I don't connect my console to the internet at the moment. I want to play this game. Can I install this game and play it without my console connected to the internet? Or is a online activation required?

Playing on PS4

To install yes, it's a like a 100GB download or close to that.  To play, i've heard no, but every time i've started the game it had to be online for the account selection.  I have mine online all the time anyway, it's my media center and video streaming when i'm not playing.

You can play without a connection but any network features will be disabled.  Just tried it myself to test.

To install, I'm guessing that you could even still play without connecting and downloading the patches given you are not online the system will not be looking for updates.  

My recommendation?   Talk to R* Customer Service and get confirmation before you make the purchase.

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.253751055.744039993.1553873936-1719606522.1525287356

Can input that your playstation's operating system has to be v6.00/something or over in order to have RDRII to be installed. Not sure if the RDRII PS4 Pro bundles are shipped out with that version of the PS4's OS out of the box or not.

So once your PS4 is up to date on OS patches you can install it offine or online. The OS has to be v6.00 otherwise it tells you to update the OS in order to install RDRII. Kind of a bummer. Hopefully Rockstars Customer Service helps you within a reasonable time span.

On 3/30/2019 at 12:10 AM, NDX47 said:

Can input that your playstation's operating system has to be v6.00/something or over in order to have RDRII to be installed. Not sure if the RDRII PS4 Pro bundles are shipped out with that version of the PS4's OS out of the box or not.

So once your PS4 is up to date on OS patches you can install it offine or online. The OS has to be v6.00 otherwise it tells you to update the OS in order to install RDRII. Kind of a bummer. Hopefully Rockstars Customer Service helps you within a reasonable time span.

Well I just risked it and bought the game. I now can confirm that you can install and play this game offline on ps4. The console will indeed update to v6.00. The update is present on the disc of the game and will install it. Then the game installs and you can just enjoy the game without any connection required.

I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

Thanks for the help all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1