Best horse?

Question

Nokota Dappled Roan. I couldn't resist buying a 5th horse and busting out some gold to do so. My red Arabian, Turk,  Am. Thoroughbred and Missouri are going to get considerable barn time. With the upgraded stirrups saddle and spurs, nothing compares. If you have one do you agree?? She's got black legs and a black face, so I named her after a flower: "Black-Eyed Susan.' 😎👍

13 answers to this question

On 4/7/2019 at 9:07 PM, Major Dammidge said:

Nokota Dappled Roan. I couldn't resist buying a 5th horse and busting out some gold to do so. My red Arabian, Turk,  Am. Thoroughbred and Missouri are going to get considerable barn time. With the upgraded stirrups saddle and spurs, nothing compares. If you have one do you agree?? She's got black legs and a black face, so I named her after a flower: "Black-Eyed Susan.' 😎👍

I do like the Nokota. But I think it was the lack of stamina that made me discard it.  However I did not own any of the special saddles at the time. The 42 gold I paid for my Black Arabian was worth it. As far as handling goes in my opinion it is the best horse online. Btw you must be paying a fair bit in stable fees pilgrim. 

Edited by dredd1961

Me personally, If you want to get a good horse for the price, I go with the Mustang. Sure it's not best in all, but it's relatively cheap. Also, as a small added bonus, the Wild Bay looks nice. It's definitely a lot better than that starter horse you get.

Edited by EjectedCasings
18 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

Btw you must be paying a fair bit in stable fees pilgrim. 

That's not what kills you. The empty stall is $750 + $125 insurance. That's a lot of black squirrels and jack rabbits, Cowboy.  Everybody raves about the black Arabian but the sticker price makes me weak in the knees and I just can't pull the trigger. Somebody at Rockstar must have a garden because I was surprised her name passed the censors. I'm saving my remaining gold, waiting for Rockstar to release the hot air balloon like the ones used in the so-called Civil War 😂

Edited by Major Dammidge
dupe
  • Like 1
On 4/7/2019 at 10:07 AM, Major Dammidge said:

Absolutely. 

I bought mine, Squirrel, as soon as I unlocked her, and she has been my regular horse ever since. She's a bit nuts, and isn't the best at coming when I whistle,  but nothing can outrun her.

Edited by Harlock1796
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Major Dammidge said:

Somebody at Rockstar must have a garden because I was surprised her name passed the censors. 

"Black Eyed Susan?" It would have been harsh of RS to penalise you for that name.  

@dredd1961 I'm currently riding with Posse members from Netherlands and Poland. They speak English but wondered about my horse name. They don't know that as a flower and I'm wondering if they thought there was something racial about it.... It's cleared up thanks to Google imaging

I ride a Turkoman "lightning" in spelcial missions and basicly my MFT "speedy" upgraded with Vaquero saddle, Hooded stirrups with horse insurance. I prefer "Speedy". 

Edited by Herta47

The Nokota has grown on me. He is faster than others I have had (other than the Fox) but handles well. A bit jumpy now and then but I got so used to the speed that I can't switch back to my other horses now lol

• Like 1

My Nokota seems to be getting braver all the time, even though I've been riding her solidly for the last 60 or so levels.  

I was in 'make your own fun' mode last night, and spent a while NE of St Denis, riding along the coast, finding alligators and jumping over them. She didn't bat an eyelid, even when a couple of them snapped at us.🐊

I must've had a griefers' target on my back. So instead of accomplishing what I set out to do, my Susie (Nokota) was dodgin' 'n dancin' 'n divin' as my pump shotgun was smokin' from recently acquired exploding slugs and incendiary buckshot. Made me wish I had a stick and a couple 'o bags of marshmallows, 'cept I kept blowin' em right off the server. Incl. the 4-rider griefer posse led by a Lvl 138 that included a well-seasoned Lvl 10 despite them putting me down 4 or 5 times. 

Question about the Nokota.

I haven't bothered with one online because of how it was a bit jumpy in the story mode. Are these horses always jumpy or skittish or something cause I see a lot of people mentioning them being scared of their shadow on the ground and stuff. 

Susie ("Black-Eyed Susan") is okay with mounted gunshots, and with snakes if I am in the saddle. Unmounted, she high-tails it if a gator's nearby but, once I kill it, one whistle brings her back in a flash. She'll also beat feet if not hitched at a hideout/shootout.

{Little-known game fact: horses' stamina is restored when hitched... So I try to do it at every opportunity.}

It's fair to say she's a bit skittish, but she hasn't thrown me for quite a while in a predator attack.

I genuinely suspect that there is something going on beneath the 4 level bonding mechanic - she seems to be getting braver.  However, it might just be that I am more used to her 'ways' and am managing situations better.

Like the Major says, though, if I'm dismounted, and she's not hitched, she'll run a mile from a gunfight.