Posse questions

lumper

Question

UPDATE:

( I found my answer, in asking the question, I found that many users did not know this so maybe it would be helpful to leave the post up for others as obviously many new members will be joining as time goes on and those who have only started to play the online portion of the game will undoubtably want this information at some point, otherwise if the mods feel it is useless then by all means take it down)

If you havent read the question, the answer is, no you can not change the outfits you are allowed in a permanent posse, and yes if you make a persistent posse and equip an outfit from it, and then use the perk ability card, "Never without one" you will in fact re-spawn in showdowns with a hat every time.

So if you use that card and have been finding that after you die you re-spawn with no hat, this is the fix until R* fixes this if they plan to at all.

Also, the second question I asked was about making my own outifts and saving them to the persistant posse, answer is, No you can not,you only have the outfits that are there, you can not make your own and if you chose, "none" your hat will NOT re-spawn once killed in showdown.

See below for my original post and question.

I was hoping to hear from players with experience with posse's.

I have a few questions.

Outfits, can I make and save my own outfits to posse outfit settings?

I see in my posse settings three choices, "none",  "Big City" or "Rugged"

What I would like to know is can I make my own outifts and save them to the my posse settings in place of the two that are there by default?

I made the posse for one reason only, not to have others join me,  this posse was made because I want to use the ability card "Never without one" in pvp, specifically showdown,   BUT when I do, I get killed and spawn back without my hat, so the card is useless after the first time it deflects a head shot for me, after that it does nothing.

So I had looked at a few videos and found out there is a way to make sure you spawn with a hat on in showdown and it was said that if you create a posse and use those outfits you will respawn with a hat, I havent been able to try this yet, I plan too try it today.

So I noticed the supplied outfits and my first question became, can I change those outifts or can I add an outfit and save it to that list?

Thanks for reading my question, and I appreciate any information from experienced posse user's.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, lumper said:

I was hoping to hear from players with experience with posse's.

I have a few questions.

Outfits, can I make and save my own outfits to posse outfit settings?

I see in my posse settings three choices, "none",  "Big City" or "Rugged"

What I would like to know is can I make my own outifts and save them to the my posse settings in place of the two that are there by default?

I made the posse for one reason only, not to have others join me,  this posse was made because I want to use the ability card "Never without one" in pvp, specifically showdown,   BUT when I do, I get killed and spawn back without my hat, so the card is useless after the first time it deflects a head shot for me, after that it does nothing.

So I had looked at a few videos and found out there is a way to make sure you spawn with a hat on in showdown and it was said that if you create a posse and use those outfits you will respawn with a hat, I havent been able to try this yet, I plan too try it today.

So I noticed the supplied outfits and my first question became, can I change those outifts or can I add an outfit and save it to that list?

Thanks for reading my question, and I appreciate any information from experienced posse user's.

Sorry bud the answer is no ! At least currently you can Not change those ! On the bright side equipping the posse outfit does seem to work with nwo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

Interesting......  Didn't know that about the hat.  Thanks.

That puts a huge smile on my face, if I can help anyone learn anything I did my job and learned something myself.

I knew there had to be a way since the card is there, it made no sense to not spawn a hat every time.

Anyway I am glad you too learned something new.

I am now going to try this out or the first time, I upgraded my card to tier 2, and doubt I will update it further as it doesnt seem to serve a purpose.

• Like 1

One last thing, I almost forgot.

I also learned that in "name your weapon" showdown pvp you get a shotgun, a pistol and a carbine repeater, well as it turns out, if you buy those in your free roam, then upgrade them at the gunsmith, when you join "name your weapon" your guns will be modified, so a little tip, an advantage over players who do not know this, I never knew this until today, I own the carbine and have it upgraded but not the shot gun, so there ya go.

Since I am not that good, and trying to learn and get any advantage I can I dont know why I am telling you this since I am most likely going to be playing against you at least on Xbox lol, but hey fair is fair, if I know it, I am going to share it regardless.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, lumper said:

I upgraded my card to tier 2, and doubt I will update it further as it doesnt seem to serve a purpose.

I wouldn't focus on just one card. It's about a set of cards. The right set of cards for your play style can make a big difference.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DNMNetTech said:

I wouldn't focus on just one card. It's about a set of cards. The right set of cards for your play style can make a big difference.

Of course not, my questions/experiment were regarding one card in particular but my strategy and game play style require using a set of cards and I certainly do.

This card is one of 4 I have equipped and all but one of my cards are tier 3, and the one that isnt will be very soon.

I actually use two different sets for pvp depending on what game I am playing and what role I chose to play in that game, and then a set for free roam, well again 2 sets as I do plan to have a defensive and offensive play style card set equipped and ready to go whenever I need it.

This one card, "Never without one" wasnt doing what I thought it would so I had questions, and once I got the answers I was able to adjust my set up accordingly.

I feel really good about  my card usage and set up right now.