Moving Camp

fryguynation

Question

8 answers to this question

It's in the Free Roam menu.  There is a camp option within it.  On PS4 the Free Roam menu is accessible with the left D-Pad button IIRC. 

If you're solo or in a temp posse, you only have access to small camps.  Persistent posses have access to large camps.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fryguynation said:

I have searched and cannot find a topic on moving your camp as I am having trouble moving my camp online, can anyone help please?

My advice don't move your camp. The way the economy is in RDO now days. You are wasting cash that is hard and at times tedious to earn. I have spent $2600  on my camp and I never use it. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2019 at 10:48 AM, fryguynation said:

I have searched and cannot find a topic on moving your camp as I am having trouble moving my camp online, can anyone help please?

Sure, as Kean said, in your weapon wheel you can find it as in the single player game on xbox you use the D pad, left and in there is a menu you go down to camp and select small or large, and so on.
The thing is online doesnt let you make camp where you want, only within the region you want, I have managed to manipulate it a little to get it where I want it unless someone already has it, but there are pre determined camp locations in game, and thats it.
Moving costs money so you try to minimize it if possible however I have spent the money at times because I wanted my camp close to where I was hunting/fishing and I like to use it to refill cores rather than eating so my character doesnt get too over weight and take on a core drain, online these are pretty severe compared to single player.

Having camp close eliminated the need to deal with griefers while I was grinding.

I hope that helps a little, I upgraded my camp to have the second to largest tent so my cores are 75% full when I join free roam automatically and when they get low it takes very little time to re charge them.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

About the camp :  

I rarely use it but sometimes when i hunt more then usually to grind $ for something i want i put the camp near the hunting location. 

The thing is everytime i log in on the next day i have this msg "Cripps has moved Your camp" and the camp is not ingame anymore. Is this normal ?

11 hours ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

About the camp :  

I rarely use it but sometimes when i hunt more then usually to grind $ for something i want i put the camp near the hunting location. 

The thing is everytime i log in on the next day i have this msg "Cripps has moved Your camp" and the camp is not ingame anymore. Is this normal ?

It does happen, but not everytime.

When you leave the game if you go to story mode, exit game and then leave that way so it shuts down properly it should be pretty consistent, however sometimes the camp is where I left it and other times it is moved and still other times I get the message you said, that Cripps packed it up, so I dunno for sure.

7 hours ago, lumper said:

It does happen, but not everytime.

When you leave the game if you go to story mode, exit game and then leave that way so it shuts down properly it should be pretty consistent, however sometimes the camp is where I left it and other times it is moved and still other times I get the message you said, that Cripps packed it up, so I dunno for sure.

Maybe that's it. I always shut down the console using the X on xbox pad - i dont play other games, bought the xbox just for the rdr2, im a PC guy :P . Ill try Your way today. 

On 4/30/2019 at 11:03 PM, dredd1961 said:

My advice don't move your camp. The way the economy is in RDO now days. You are wasting cash that is hard and at times tedious to earn. I have spent $2600  on my camp and I never use it. 

I agree with Dredd.  I wish I had all that money back.  Lumper is right as well.  Seems like the camp works best if you stop game play at your camp before exiting game play via the start button menu.  When you start back up, your camp may not be in that exact spot, but most times it will be close instead of mia.

Seems like when you reform your created posse before selecting to set camp helps the camp to generate quickly.  I may be wrong but it seems that way to me.