Challenges: Weapons Expert 2

Rango

Question

I am having a heck of a time completing this.  I have tried the hogtie method.  Didn't show any kills.  Tried charging the camp and killed 3, but no kills registered.  I am using Deadeye.  Does not show how much time I took so I don't know what the issue is.  Do you HAVE to use the basic throwing knife?  Do you have to hit the head in a specific place?  I wish it would give me some feedback of what I am doing wrong.  I am in chapter 4 and trying to get these challenges done before I do the bank job.  Any insight on how to get through this challenge?  Is it FUBAR?

5 answers to this question

I just followed the YouTube examples on this one.  I found three enemies, hog tied them, placed them in a row and threw knives into their heads.  I didn't need to use dead-eye.

Occasionally, a headshot with a knife won't kill, so I just kept throwing until they all stopped moving and the challenge pinged.

DeadEye seems to negate some challenges, so I'd recommend the hogtie method for this one - but don't forget that these need to be enemies, not random strangers.

I used the Mark Johnson bounty hunt for this one - if you let him say goodbye to his family, you'll get ambushed by three or four guys - they're pretty easy to wrangle and hog-tie.  Or use an enemy camp/hideout.

9 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

I just followed the YouTube examples on this one.  I found three enemies, hog tied them, placed them in a row and threw knives into their heads.  I didn't need to use dead-eye.

Occasionally, a headshot with a knife won't kill, so I just kept throwing until they all stopped moving and the challenge pinged.

DeadEye seems to negate some challenges, so I'd recommend the hogtie method for this one - but don't forget that these need to be enemies, not random strangers.

I used the Mark Johnson bounty hunt for this one - if you let him say goodbye to his family, you'll get ambushed by three or four guys - they're pretty easy to wrangle and hog-tie.  Or use an enemy camp/hideout.

I'll have to try that, this one gave me a heck of a time the first playthrough.  I've been putting it off on my 2nd pass.  

When you lasso them doesn't that turn them into an enemy?  so in theory you could lasso anyone?

10 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

I did not know that they would not die with a knife to the head.  Maybe that is my issue.  I will keep trying.  Thanks