technical problem

hiyer guys.

i have rdr2 on a regular ps4. lately i have been noticing especially while riding the horse things seem to be appearing out of nowhere as if the console is having a hard time keeping up. i dont think its frame rate related as the game doesnt slow down or anything, i have just been noticing things like people further off in the distance appearing out of nowhere, the railway tracks when looking down them at a distance seem to render in a sort of shoddy way, i noticed in the big city that the shadows of supporting beams were just appearing suddenly out of nowhere suddenly. 

Its the same as gta's of the past when you would drive a supercar at full speed and things wouldnt load up in time with the speed you were traveling at, making invisible objects suddenly appear. the thing is i dont remember noticing this when i first was playing rdr2, and im sure i would have noticed.  has anyone else noticed anything like this on their ps4 run throughs of this game? do i have a faulty console or what?  thanks guys, Dean. 

On 5/1/2019 at 3:43 PM, Dread-bed-resurrection said:

hiyer guys.

i have rdr2 on a regular ps4. lately i have been noticing especially while riding the horse things seem to be appearing out of nowhere as if the console is having a hard time keeping up. i dont think its frame rate related as the game doesnt slow down or anything, i have just been noticing things like people further off in the distance appearing out of nowhere, the railway tracks when looking down them at a distance seem to render in a sort of shoddy way, i noticed in the big city that the shadows of supporting beams were just appearing suddenly out of nowhere suddenly. 

Its the same as gta's of the past when you would drive a supercar at full speed and things wouldnt load up in time with the speed you were traveling at, making invisible objects suddenly appear. the thing is i dont remember noticing this when i first was playing rdr2, and im sure i would have noticed.  has anyone else noticed anything like this on their ps4 run throughs of this game? do i have a faulty console or what?  thanks guys, Dean. 

It's an issue with all PS4's  there's a post here about it on the forums, 50 (or more now? i quit watching it) pages of beating the dead horse on the topic.

6 hours ago, Kormath said:

It's an issue with all PS4's  there's a post here about it on the forums, 50 (or more now? i quit watching it) pages of beating the dead horse on the topic.

so the ps4 just doesnt handle the game very well?  would the ps4 pro handle it better?  im intending on getting one one day.

I have a first gen PS4 and never really noticed anything that I would consider jarring in that respect. I never really considered rendering in this game to be particularly bad or "shoddy".  Predictable in some cases, yes.  .....but not particularly bad.