Red Dead Redemption 2 For PC Listed On Programmer's LinkedIn

NewsBot

The latest in a string of leaks suggesting that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC is a physics programmer and former Rockstar Games developer listing a PC port of the game on their Linkedin profile. Based on past occurrences, the listing will be shortly removed, likely due to pressure from Rockstar.

Previously, another unnamed former developer also listed the game's PC version on their resume, before quickly removing it. Additionally, leaked video footage of what is supposedly the graphical options menu of the PC port also provided highly convincing evidence that the game will grace this third platform as well. Retailers have - by mistake - also listed the game for PC in the past.

pc_listing.jpg

This newest hint appears on the profile of a physics programmer who worked at Rockstar Toronto between 2010 and 2016. Beyond Red Dead Redemption 2, they also worked on various versions of GTA 5 as well as Max Payne 3. Red Dead Redemption 2 is the only game they worked on which shipped after they had departed Rockstar. The programmer has since founded their own company.

While there is no official word on the game coming to PC, the fan base has been vocally requesting a port since before the game was even released, creating popular petitions and fuelling speculation. Between the retailer listings, multiple occurrences of former employees letting it slip and the highly convincing leaked footage, we're fairly confident that there is in fact a PC port in the works, which may even be announced later this year.

pcleak-800x450.jpgThe alleged graphics options of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC.

When Rockstar re-released GTA 5 on new platforms, they did so with a one year delay compared to initial release, so if these rumors pan out, for which there is an increasing possibility, we might see Red Dead Redemption 2 released on PC as soon as October this year. Similar leaks have also indicated that a Nintendo Switch port may be on the cards, in spite of earlier comments seemingly indicating that such a release isn't possible.

Do you think we'll see Red Dead Redemption 2 launch on PC?

The post Red Dead Redemption 2 For PC Listed On Programmer's LinkedIn appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

35 minutes ago, KylesDad7 said:

I'd be psyched about this, if I wasn't sure that the PC version would have it's own online world like GTA5.

Not sure what you mean there.  PC would most certainly be stand alone. 

3 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Not sure what you mean there.  PC would most certainly be stand alone. 

I had played up to about lvl 150 on GTA5 on the XBox. Stopped playing and then bought a new gaming PC. I bought GTA5 for PC thinking that I wold be linking up to my account I already had, a'la FortNite, but the PC was it's own world, so I had to start from scratch, which I didn't.

Edited by KylesDad7

Just now, KylesDad7 said:

I had played up to about lvl 150 on GTA5 on the XBox. Stopped playing and then bought a new gaming PC. I bought GTA5 for PC thinking that I wold be linking up to my account I already had, a'la FortNite, but the PC was it's own world, so I had to start from scratch, which I didn't.

Oh, I see.  

Yeah, they are treated as different platforms in that case.  May as well have been a PS4.  .....but who knows.  Maybe they might do something for MS customers this time around.