Kill/Action Cam doesn't trigger often except for lawman

Imperator

I have been playing RDR2 on and off since October.  I am in Chp 4. now with over 60 hours into the game.  One thing I am finding is that I cannot get the Kill Cam to trigger often unless I am fighting lawman.  There seem to be certain parts in the story missions that auto trigger it.  I also found the one Bounty at the broken down fort, he always triggers a kill cam even if the setting is off.

My issue seems to be with it on, I am rarely getting kill cam shots killing bandits, gangs or others in story missions.  Does anyone else find this?  I i go into a town and start shooting up lawman usually every 3-5 lawmen gives me a sweet killcam shot.  I tested by saving and going through six point cabin and also the civil war bounty area and each area I seem to get one killcam and no others.   Other missions like where you have a huge fightout with the Grays I couldnt get it to trigger once.  I wish I know what the logic is behind the killcam but the % chance seems to be much higher with lawmen... 

Edited by Imperator

never had an issue with it,   quick google search found (nothing from rockstar, this is all speculation from other forums) it's triggered when you hit a critical area, and then it's only like a 25% chance when that happens.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I don’t have a definitive answer... but it does only seem to trigger when you hit tight in the neck, heart or head, but not every time.

was looking at this a bit hte other night,  doesn't seem to me you have to hit a critical area,  i got a gut shot once and a bicep shot once.  I thought it was on the last enemy you kill in a gunfight, and a percentage chance for it to happen, but then once i got it on the 3 guy in a group of 5, and once on the 4th guy in a group of 6.

So i think it's just totally random.

I do remember reading somewhere it was based on honour. When you are more honourable your action can shots focus on you making the shot, when you are dishonourable you get to see the gory blood spurting kill shots...

22 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I do remember reading somewhere it was based on honour. When you are more honourable your action can shots focus on you making the shot, when you are dishonourable you get to see the gory blood spurting kill shots...

i don't buy that.  i played max dishonor my first play through, i'm level 7 white honor right now on my 2nd play through,  kill shots are the same from what i can tell.  Pop a guy in the head you get the blood spray as his head flips back