I can't use dead eye...

Evpatij000

I'm level 20. I have fully finished off-line game. There  I have no problems with dead eye. But every attempt to use  "dead eye" now fails. I can't do even a single shot, nor I can' mark the aim with RB (XB1). The level of dead eye falls immideately and fully.   So I'm playing without dead eye. And I'm unhappy :-)

Paint it Black

The Paint it Black Ability Card allows players to paint targets onto the enemies while Dead Eye is active, same as in the single-player campaign. Press the shoot button to shoot at all targets. This card can be purchased for $50 or is free if it is the card you select at the beginning of your character's Red Dead Online journey. This is the card you should be using.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozy8753 said:

Paint it Black

The Paint it Black Ability Card allows players to paint targets onto the enemies while Dead Eye is active, same as in the single-player campaign. Press the shoot button to shoot at all targets. This card can be purchased for $50 or is free if it is the card you select at the beginning of your character's Red Dead Online journey. This is the card you should be using.

Thank you,

Ozy8753

I don't know this...

• Like 1

I think that R* does that at first to get you to use those magic potions and/or it was possibly a bug. I know when I was lower level it drained quickly.

Honestly I've never really used dead eye for shooting, just moment to recuperate, and just grind it out to survive without it, but that's me.

As a possible suggestion I would build up the blue/defensive card...

3) The Unblinking Eye

Dead Eye and Eagle Eye drain slower. (Unlocks at RANK 26)

On 6/29/2019 at 9:04 PM, Dissention said:

I think that R* does that at first to get you to use those magic potions and/or it was possibly a bug. I know when I was lower level it drained quickly.

Honestly I've never really used dead eye for shooting, just moment to recuperate, and just grind it out to survive without it, but that's me.

As a possible suggestion I would build up the blue/defensive card...

3) The Unblinking Eye

Dead Eye and Eagle Eye drain slower. (Unlocks at RANK 26)

Unblinking Eye is only needed for cards that really drain dead eye like Slippery Bastard. When you're using Paint It Black you don't really need it. Better use tonics from time to time and equip another card instead. And remember to max out the cards you are using.

6 hours ago, V0RT3X said:

Unblinking Eye is only needed for cards that really drain dead eye like Slippery Bastard. When you're using Paint It Black you don't really need it. Better use tonics from time to time and equip another card instead. And remember to max out the cards you are using.

Reason I'm suggesting unblinking eye to original poster because they are stating they are lvl 20 and dead eye drains in seconds regardless of the dead eye card they are using.  They could build that up tier 3 to compensate for the quick  drain for lower rank until they reach a higher level.  Tonics and eating meats that give gold dead eye core will help too.

I've pretty much completed a majority of the cards to tier 3 and find I don't need tonics anymore. As you get to higher ranks   I just Hunt and eat some meat and Indian tobacco and my dead eye is almost always full.