Wolves Places and Hours ?

LordLoff

Question

Hi, I rank 127 and love this game and learned to enjoy the daily simple things and the way every day becomes a different roleplay experience, even.just exploring

I dont fear Grizzlies, Panthers, Cougars or Aligators, I will gladly search for them anytime, but the damm Wolf Attacks manage to always send a real life shiver down my spine - they are so immersive and replicate exactly my long ago childhood nightmares with wolves

It sounds silly since Im 49, but hey, we all have our weaknesses, rigjt ?

I know the general areas too avoid, specially at night but that is too generic for someone who loves to ride and explore

I never set foot on snowy areas yet I loved to go and visit

Sent a ticket to Rockstar but they did not help, just mentioned what I knew already - avoid Cumberland Forest, Tall Trees and Grizzlies East, lol - but the damm Wolves have jumped on me in areas far from those ones (ex: Thieves Landing) and I hate how they smartly flank you so you akways endup loosing, unless they are just 2 or 3

So has anyone come accross a good complete and detailed map of wolves spawning areas and hours ???

I already got good horses (Turkoman and Ardennes) but that is just not enough with more than 3 Wolvves, lol

Gosh, I would give all my 115 gold nuggets for a speciall coat that worked as wolf-free-stealth gameplay, lol

Thanks in advance

Edited by LordLoff
  • Haha 1

8 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, chrishart225 said:

Fire Arrows and Shotgun Slugs make easy work of them,  if you just want to end them.  

Thanks, my issue is not how to fight them, I always carry the Bolt AR with 10 Express Explosive rounds in hand and cocked when crossing some weird areas

But my goal with this post is avoiding at all bumping into them on the first place, lol, surelly there area some areas and trails 100% free of Wolves, but thanks for the feedback

Edited by LordLoff

I created a map you can download of animal location & a bunch of other stuff. The map shows wolf locations. It's not a complete map, just what Moosh89 & I have found.

If you want to avoid wolves, just stay South of Emerald Ranch in the Lemoyne area. Haven't seen wolves down there.

You can download the map in this topic, v5 is the latest version.

• Like 1

'So has anyone come accross a good complete and detailed map of wolves spawning areas and hours ???

I already got good horses (Turkoman and Ardennes) but that is just not enough with more than 3 Wolves, lol'

Dragon is right, Lemoyne is one area they do not spawn. That is where I hunt and fish mainly.  Not sure if the horses you own are the best for fighting off wolves. A shire is a tank on four legs! I prefer the Black Arabian. Cos wolves always let you know when they are coming. The moment I hear that familiar howl I hit the gas  on my Arabian put distance between me and the pack. Stop turn around and use a pistol (Lemat revolver). Head shot kills.  Bolt Action Rifle is not the best. Use a revolver or pistol. No need for explosive ammo.  

8 hours ago, C20Dragon said:

I created a map you can download of animal location & a bunch of other stuff. The map shows wolf locations. It's not a complete map, just what Moosh89 & I have found.

If you want to avoid wolves, just stay South of Emerald Ranch in the Lemoyne area. Haven't seen wolves down there.

You can download the map in this topic, v5 is the latest version.

Many thanks, It will help me mark some spots with permanent markers, excellent, thanks

4 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

'So has anyone come accross a good complete and detailed map of wolves spawning areas and hours ???

I already got good horses (Turkoman and Ardennes) but that is just not enough with more than 3 Wolves, lol'

Dragon is right, Lemoyne is one area they do not spawn. That is where I hunt and fish mainly.  Not sure if the horses you own are the best for fighting off wolves. A shire is a tank on four legs! I prefer the Black Arabian. Cos wolves always let you know when they are coming. The moment I hear that familiar howl I hit the gas  on my Arabian put distance between me and the pack. Stop turn around and use a pistol (Lemat revolver). Head shot kills.  Bolt Action Rifle is not the best. Use a revolver or pistol. No need for explosive ammo.  

The Turkoman is fast enough to outrun them and the Ardennes is brave... Regarding the Shire check here how cool it behaves around Bolt AR loud shots and charging Wolves, stood it's ground, never got really agitated and when I got out to pick the Wolf the horse was still smooth as a feather -  

Edited by LordLoff

Wolves don't  spawn in Roanoke either. Instead you have to watch out for cougars. Wolves don't  bother me. You can see them coming from a mile away, plenty of time to get a clean shot in on them. I refuse to ruin a perfectly good 3 or 2 star pelt with a shotgun blast if I can help it.

Edited by Vaderspupil

41 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Wolves don't  spawn in Roanoke either. Instead you have to watch out for cougars. Wolves don't  bother me. You can see them coming from a mile away, plenty of time to get a clean shot in on them. I refuse to ruin a perfectly good 3 or 2 star pelt with a shotgun blast if I can help it.

Its in my post, I said any other predator is ok, they are just pixels, is the dam Wolves that creep into my nervous system, llol - Thanks for the Roanoke tip, I also know the straighrt strip area directly between Emerald Ranch and Valentine is safe, as long as I dont cross the train line into the mountain slopes, lol - Wolf carcasses could be worth 50 dollars, I dont care, blast them with Bolt AR Express Explosives, played almost everyday since launch and was never killed by a Wolf yet