How to begin a Trader role?

lumper

Question

So, I see an icon for Bounty hunter in Rhodes, and another yellow icon for The Collector out in Ambarino, But where do you have to go to start as a Trader?

In the promo ad it showed a cutscene or two with Cripps but I cant seem to figure it out.

I want to set up as a trader and start a business, a lot of items keep telling me, locked until Trader level 1, but nothing shows me where to initiate or how to start off as a Trader.

Does anyone know?

Has anyone gotten started as a Trader?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Lump

UPDATE:

Ok in case you were also wondering, I did find it.

At first it wasnt in my game menu, but after playing for a few minutes and looking around I checked the main menu again and this time I now see a category for all three roles, so I dont know why they werent there when I first tuned the game on, but they werent, I looked very carefully, however, now I have a category for each role and I will now proceed to see if I can start off as a trader.

Edited by lumper

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Dissention said:

Go to a post office or camp lockbox and get a letter from Cripps.

Read it and he will be waiting for you at the general store.  I haven't figured out which general store yet

Valentine.these trader missions are gonna divide opinion.im solo at min working it all out and trader missions are gonna be hard

i went from rhodes to blackwater and was chased all the way by a player.lucky i had explosive ammo and some skills i managed to keep stopping in a bottleneck and shoot him.wss not easy.habe to posse up for these or risk losing all the materials.

48 minutes ago, Saffron said:

Valentine.these trader missions are gonna divide opinion.im solo at min working it all out and trader missions are gonna be hard

i went from rhodes to blackwater and was chased all the way by a player.lucky i had explosive ammo and some skills i managed to keep stopping in a bottleneck and shoot him.wss not easy.habe to posse up for these or risk losing all the materials.

Yeah I collected letter at emerald station and went to Rhodes and he wasn't there so I got bounty Hunter license for$15 gold (even though it was supposed to be free with twitch... ticket opened) Collected my first bounty and had to deliver it to Valentine and he wasn't there either.

IDK gonna try again in a little while.  May be because I'm bounty Hunter.

Bounty Hunter seems like stranger missions so far. Find bounty and deliver it to a sheriff.  

Update...

Never mind Cripps was hanging out in St Dennis for me.

Edited by Dissention

15 minutes ago, Dissention said:

Yeah I collected letter at emerald station and went to Rhodes and he wasn't there so I got bounty Hunter license for$15 gold (even though it was supposed to be free with twitch... ticket opened) Collected my first bounty and had to deliver it to Valentine and he wasn't there either.

IDK gonna try again in a little while.  May be because I'm bounty Hunter.

Bounty Hunter seems like stranger missions so far. Find bounty and deliver it to a sheriff.  

They all opened for me and all are running together.i have all 3 roles and are doing all 3 at same time.i had 3 yellow markers on my map for each role.go to post office get letter from crips and read it.