05x0000006 Error After 9/10 Update

TE-SACO-LACACA

• Kean_1 changed the title to Help with 05x0000006 Error

Hi @TE-SACO-LACACA and welcome to the forums.  

I combined your two posts together.  Also, I would suggest contacting R* Support here:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.43558054.2087167984.1568304309-1683053243.1568304309

There seems to be a number of folks experience this error since the update and the more people who submit trouble tickets about the issue, the more attention this error will receive.  They will likely have you go through the usual routine of clearing your cache, etc.  but be persistent if that doesn't work.

Hi All,

I know some folks have been experiencing the infamous 05x0000006 error after the update. I reached out to R* Support because I also had this issue and wanted to know if this was a known issue.  Turns out that it is and they are indeed working on it.

Be aware that this is a known bug and that the Rockstar team is working to fix it.
Unfortunately, I cannot provide a fix estimate, but it will certainly be fixed on Rockstar servers or some patches in the future.
If the patch is made on the servers, you can monitor periodically.
We are very sorry that this happened to you, but we are reporting that we are receiving similar reports from other players and nothing to be fixed from your side.
We apologize again for the problem and appreciate your patience while we await the solution.

Again, I can't stress enough how important it is for people to continue reporting bugs, etc.  Even with known issues, the more complaints they receive, the better our chances are of having such problems prioritized.  

Thanks and I hope this helps some who have felt discouraged by this particular problem.

• Like 1

Hi @ILLJohnWick48 and welcome to the forums....

The first thing I would do is report it to R* Support:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/115001624507?redirect_lang=en_us&_ga=2.235818241.1426072548.1568484518-506675208.1568484518

Also, you might be happy to know that they are aware of some of these crashes customers are experiencing:

2 minutes ago, TE-SACO-LACACA said:

i pay $110 dollars .for nothing..stupid rock star service no good is a pc of sh*t company

Well, couple things here my friend.....

RDR2.org is not affiliated with R* nor 2K.  This is a fan site.  

Second, you stated you had this particular error and I tried to help you by sharing what R* Support shared with me.  The problem is being worked on.  I'm not sure what else to tell you at this point.

@ILLJohnWick48,

First, did you contacct R* Support and if so, what did they say?  Second, did you see the response from Support that I shared above?  

The first level of support can be inconsistent.  You can tell they are simply a call center company somewhere outside of the U.S.

Sometimes you get someone like I did who actually knows what's going on, sometimes you don't and you get the typical troubleshooting script. The trick is to not allow them to close the ticket.  Your case will be escalated at some point.   Either way, they are working on it. 

Maybe you want to share what I have above from one of their own reps?  Here is the full response (less the links):

Joao Messias said: "Hello my name is Joao and I am a rockstar expert and played like you, I hope I can help you today.

Be aware that this is a known bug and that the Rockstar team is working to fix it.
Unfortunately, I cannot provide a fix estimate, but it will certainly be fixed on Rockstar servers or some patches in the future.
If the patch is made on the servers, you can monitor periodically.
We are very sorry that this happened to you, but we are reporting that we are receiving similar reports from other players and nothing to be fixed from your side.We apologize again for the problem and appreciate your patience while we await the solution.

If you have other issues, please contact us again.
Hope this helps.
Att
John. M"

Either way, this issue is not going to be resolved overnight.  Hopefully its on R*'s side like John (above) said since that would be the fastest way they can address it.  Like it or not, we are just going to have to wait to see.  .....but if you want to help, stay persistent.  The more people that complain about it and the more persistent folks are, the better our chances are of getting results.  ....IMO.  We really can't do much else anyhow.

Also, please note that I have combined your threads on the subject as well as another with this one. I understand some of the frustration but I'd like to keep everything in one to keep things tidy and help share information with anyone in the same boat.  

On 9/15/2019 at 5:19 PM, Redranger said:

They really need to fix this!!!!! I keep losing my hunted animals 😡😡😡😡

0448DA11-492F-4733-A787-AE35C38C10F1.jpeg

I see that in my sleep.  Took a day off of work today, and disconnected, no BS, about 8 times in an hour.  Never got more than halfway between Valentine and the Heartland Oilfields before "darkness my old friend" showed up.

I actually quit playing for about three months to get the taste out of my mouth, and the issue persists.  Did a clean install, too, but no dice.

Good luck man, I know it sucks.

"Cripps has packed up you camp."

..and it will remain packed for me. It disconnects me only when i have lots of skins in my horse (when i'm donating). Very frustrating indeed. I cannot even progress the role. I'll continue bounty hunter and collector and leave trader for some months later when hopefuly they'll fix something.

Edited by Antonia

33 minutes ago, Antonia said:

"Cripps has packed up you camp."

..and it will remain packed for me. It disconnects me only when i have lots of skins in my horse (when i'm donating). Very frustrating indeed. I cannot even progress the role. I'll continue bounty hunter and collector and leave trader for some months later when hopefuly they'll fix something.

There are several common bugs right now but luckily, it seems they are aware of the ones that folks have been complaining about.  

I doubt it will take months to resolve most of these especially the ones on their end.  

11 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

There are several common bugs right now but luckily, it seems they are aware of the ones that folks have been complaining about.  

I doubt it will take months to resolve most of these especially the ones on their end.  

i hope so cause trader role is also very good. 

• 1 month later...

How can i fix this error 0x20010006 because rockstar are to dumb and useless to fix there bloody service error 0x20010006. Since the ****ing update on 10 September 2019 i cant even play 5 mintues the i get ****ing disconnected ive even unistalled the game and installed it again but still i get disconnected and loose gold and RD$. I need help anyone please

26 minutes ago, ILLJohnWick48 said:

How can i fix this error 0x20010006 because rockstar are to dumb and useless to fix there bloody service error 0x20010006. Since the ****ing update on 10 September 2019 i cant even play 5 mintues the i get ****ing disconnected ive even unistalled the game and installed it again but still i get disconnected and loose gold and RD$. I need help anyone please

This is what brought me here. I'm playing on the Xbox One X and having the same issue. Now when I play the game on an Xbox One S at a different location and internet connection, I don't seem to have the same issues. No other online game on my Xbox One X is experencing connection issues. 

Btw, my Xbox One X is using Spectrum high speed internet with Specturm supplied modem. My console is using Wifi from a high speed wireless router that I purchased myself. The Xbox One S that is not experencing connection issues currently, is using a wireless modem supplied from the cable ISP. 

I did find the following post below from R*, in refference to connection issues. I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but if it works for you, let us know!. 

____

Red Dead Online Connection Troubleshooting for Xbox One

Question: I keep getting disconnected and I am having problems matchmaking or staying connected to other players. How can I improve my connection?

Answer: Below are steps to clear your system cache, check your connection speed, verify your Network Address Translation (NAT) Types are set correctly, verify that the correct network ports are open and a common router settings check.

Check the Red Dead Online Status

Before troubleshooting, make sure to check our Red Dead Online Status page (https://support.rockstargames.com/servicestatus) to rule out an outage or scheduled maintenance as a cause of the issue.

If the Red Dead Online status currently says UP, the problem may be related to some connection types conflicting with other players, or other problems with your network setup.

Clear your Xbox One Cache

To perform a cache clear for your Xbox One system follow the instructions here: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/115015352427/

Clear Your Xbox One Alternate MAC addresses

• Press the Xbox button
  • Move right to the System Tab
  • Select Settings
  • Select Network Settings
  • Select Advanced Settings
  • Select Alternate MAC Address
  • Select the Clear button

Check your Internet Connection Speed

You can check your connection speed at any online speed test, such as http://speedtest.net Good targets for minimum for upload and download speeds are:

• Upload Speed (Minimum): 1 Mbps
  • Download Speed: 5 Mbps

Note: If you are on a wireless connection, it may be a good idea to try using a wired, Ethernet connection and see if you are still having issues.

Check your Network Address Translation (NAT) Type settings

A more open NAT Type will have fewer conflicts with other player systems and encounter less connectivity issues with other players.

NAT Type Definitions

• OPEN NAT Type: Can play games with any NAT type.
  • MODERATE NAT Type: Can play games with open or moderate NAT types.
  • STRICT NAT Type: Can only play games with open NAT types.

Xbox One NAT Type Setting

1. Navigate to the Settings panel and choose Network
  2. Under the Current Network Status column in the center of this page displays your NAT Type settings.

Check your Firewall / Router for NAT Type restrictions

If you have a firewall or other network hardware, such as a router, you may need to access them to change your NAT type. Sometimes this configuration change is caused by opening or forwarding other network ports.

Check your Open Network Ports

We suggest that the Red Dead Online have the following ports open:

Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 88 (UDP)  
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)  
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

We Recommend the following additional ports to be opened for Red Dead Online:

• Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3047 (UDP)
  • Port 6672 (UDP)
  • Port 61455 (UDP)
  • Port 61456 (UDP)
  • Port 61457 (UDP)
  • Port 61458 (UDP)
  • Ports 30211-30217 (TCP)

Change your Domain Name Servers (DNS) 

• Open the guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller
  • Move right to the System tab
  • Select Settings
  • Select Network
  • Select Network settings
  • Select Advanced settings
    • Make sure to write down your existing DNS servers from this screen
  • Select DNS settings
  • Select Manual
  • Enter the following DNS servers (Google)
    • Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
    • Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Reset Your Network Router

Generally, you can reset your router by unplugging your router and leaving it unplugged for about 10 minutes. While you do this, we suggest that you restart the game client as well.

Once complete, check to see if your issue is resolved.

Additional Troubleshooting Steps

1. Check with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and see if they are experiencing any issues connecting to us, or if they have any temporary outages.
  2. Make sure your router’s firmware is up-to-date (check with your ISP)
  3. Enable UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) on your router. This allows the game to automatically configure port forwarding which can help with connectivity issues. However, some routers have incorrect UPnP behavior. If you are still having connectivity issues when UPnP is enabled, try disabling UPnP to see if the problem persists.
  4. If you have a combined router/modem or ADSL, try temporarily setting the unit to Bridge Mode. This will bypass the router part of the hardware. If this fixes the issue, you may be able to connect a second router between the combination unit and the console to dial the PPPoE connection.
  5. If you use an ADSL connection, check to see if dialing a PPPoE connection from the console improves your NAT type.
  6. If your router has a feature for a pass-through MAC address or IP address, you can set it to the MAC/IP of your console, this will eliminate the need for bridge mode to stay open.

____

Edited by Vendetta

3 minutes ago, ILLJohnWick48 said:

None off this you just send is working. Ive tried it all and still get disconnected after 5 minutes or busy going online not even in yet then i get disconnected with error 0x20010006 and im using Xbox One S

Sorry to hear that. I haven't been able try this myself, but my thinking is that we are both going to be in the same boat. With so many player's experiencing this issue, it has to be server side. 

Edited by Vendetta

1 hour ago, ILLJohnWick48 said:

Yes its on rockstar side.....

Let's be sure to keep that in mind in future responses. Neither I nor RDR2.org are affiliated with R* or Take Two. I deleted your inapproriate remark(s) in the other thread that you made.

You also never answered the question as to whether or not you've still been in contact with R* Support. The fact is, they are really the only ones that may be able to help in this situation so while seeking assistance here is fine, it is also important to keep a case open with them to increase your chances of getting this resolved.

My advice is to be persistent and don't let them close the ticket until you have a resolution to your case.