hunting wagon bug/glitch

lumper

So today we had a daily challenge of  bring Cripps 6 large carcasses.

I grabbed a Pronghorn to see if that qualified as a "large" carcass and it did, so I needed 5 more.

So I took the hunting wagon out and grabbed 5 more Pronghorn and brought them back to camp, I unloaded them with Cripps and then I checked my daily challenges, none counted!!

I had to go out on my horse and get 5 more one at a time to get the challenge done.

I reported the issue to Rockstar with a bug report, but I wondered if anyone else found this to be the case for them?

Two other things I noticed, it seems like the field of view especially when riding is less than it was and our guns need cleaning more frequently than ever before, these last two arent bugs just changes that I noticed since the update, anyone else notice these changes?

7 hours ago, lumper said:

So today we had a daily challenge of  bring Cripps 6 large carcasses.

I grabbed a Pronghorn to see if that qualified as a "large" carcass and it did, so I needed 5 more.

So I took the hunting wagon out and grabbed 5 more Pronghorn and brought them back to camp, I unloaded them with Cripps and then I checked my daily challenges, none counted!!

I had to go out on my horse and get 5 more one at a time to get the challenge done.

I reported the issue to Rockstar with a bug report, but I wondered if anyone else found this to be the case for them?

Two other things I noticed, it seems like the field of view especially when riding is less than it was and our guns need cleaning more frequently than ever before, these last two arent bugs just changes that I noticed since the update, anyone else notice these changes?

I had one pronghorn buck that counted, but not the other pronghorns or deer.

Same here - donated 1 carcass from horse (counted), picked up another 5 pronghorn on wagon and donated but none counted. Took him 5 pronghorn individually on horse, challenge done. Just when I was starting to see some positivity in the hunting wagon aswell...

On the gun cleaning I just put it down to how much more I've been using the repeater, varmint & springfield.

On 9/20/2019 at 6:23 AM, CosmoKramer said:

Same here - donated 1 carcass from horse (counted), picked up another 5 pronghorn on wagon and donated but none counted. Took him 5 pronghorn individually on horse, challenge done. Just when I was starting to see some positivity in the hunting wagon aswell...

On the gun cleaning I just put it down to how much more I've been using the repeater, varmint & springfield.

Yeah the guns are definitely getting dirty faster Ive been playing daily for months, I missed one day out of 126, I can tell you the guns need cleaning more often than ever before, and the field of view I feel is changed, it is less than it was.

It might have been an attempt to lesson the strain on some servers because they draw less on screen with a lower field of view, but I cant confirm that only a guess, I just noticed that it is different is all.

2 hours ago, KylesDad7 said:

I think the wagon is just a waste of money. In the time it takes to drive all over the place, fill it up, and get back to camp I could have brought in the same amount of supplies by covering more ground on my horse.

All depends on how you play. Once you get to 11 I believe and 3* yields better results 5 perfect bucks will almost half fill your materials. Use the wagon to your advantage. When you find a 3* bring it to the road dismiss your horse (with 3* still with you) call your wagon and store it. After that dismiss your wagon and use your horse to stack pelts. The wagon is too loud to actually hunt with it.  I know its extra steps but 5 3* deer locked in my wagon safe from people/blue screen/disconnects is pretty worth it.... Heck take the wagon and fill it with muski and go sell it.

Just my opinion 

When you find a 3* bring it to the road dismiss your horse (with 3* still with you) call your wagon and store it. After that dismiss your wagon and use your horse to stack pelts.

I had not actually thought of this. Not a bad idea at all.

• Like 1

I hunt fine with the wagon, better field of view.  I use high velocity and a scope or hop off if necessary and stalk.  Bag a 3*, stow it on the horse, ride around until I kill another one then walk with it to nearest road.  Drop mine, pull the other off horse, call wagon and I only need 3 more.  Ride towards camp hunting and see what else I can nab.  Last time I ran into a hideout while on wagon and they were never so easy to slaughter, being so high up.

Being able to store multiple carcasses indefinitely and retrieve them whenever is a gamesaver.  I love my hunting wagon.