If Rdr2 O is the same as GTAO the game is doomed

AndrewChar98

First of let me start by mentioning some facts that happened in the past focusing on the release of GTA and GTAO on PC.

Back then the account transfer came along and many people from other consoles switched to the PC community but that brought up a lot of issues such as overloaded servers with hackers having the ability to create multiple accounts and use them as a way to add up money... Or having one account on console modifying it and then move up to the PC as a king.
Now not only that the GTAO community has a huge amount of toxicity we had and still have a lot of people throwing money on top of your head without you even allowing that so Rockstar will see your account as an account who used hacks or third party programs and there is your first ban !

To be honest I haven't played the game (Rdr2) in console but am looking forward to see how it performs on PC but having these sort of issues from past experience either we have to hope that Rstar will take the anti cheat seriously or act immediately when the time comes and the game is out !

Sadly as we are all ready for the game release i imagine hackers are already coming out with new hacking programs for the beginning of the game because that is usually the best time to "attack" when the company doesn't even know it yet!

My  concern for RDO, having initially been a big fan of GTAO but later disillusioned by it, is that R* introduce ridiculous weapons and vehicles that destroy the purity of the gameplay. So far the noises from inside R* are fortunately that they don’t want to go down that path with RDO - I really hope they remain true to that.

I might consider buying the PC version if it looks sufficiently better or different to the console version but I’d stick with PS4 for online because of the sort of issues you highlight.

3 hours ago, Cliffs said:

Since the OP doesn't play the game why is he complaining about it coming out on pc?

Because of hackers?

He doesn't play the game because his platform is PC. 

His concern is about hackers in RDO based on his past experience with them in GTAO apparently getting other people banned.  ....if I read that correctly.

Personally, I believe he's over thinking it and should get the game or not based on whether he's interested.  Obviously, there are a lot of non-hacker folks on PC who enjoy GTAO.  

If there is a concern about cheaters taking advantage of the game or others in the early stages of release then maybe but it a few months later after release.

On 10/4/2019 at 8:45 PM, AndrewChar98 said:

Sadly as we are all ready for the game release i imagine hackers are already coming out with new hacking programs for the beginning of the game because that is usually the best time to "attack" when the company doesn't even know it yet!

The hackers are already in the pipeline. No doubt about it.
And sadly, yes RDO on PC will be like GTAO a hackers paradise the first weeks after release.

My strongest advice is to wait for a buy of RDR2 on PC, a few weeks/months after release on PC and judge then how to coop with it...

Edited by roggek

I don't bother with GTAO, didn't enjoy it, largely for reasons OP alludes to.  I'll stick to the Xbox for RDRO (for similar reasons, but also as I work from home having RDR on the laptop would be a slippery slope to bankruptcy!), and if hackers ever find a way to get bazookas, tanks, Hulk etc into the Xbox RDR I'll switch back to Elite Dangerous.  But I can't see it, not worried about it.