PS5? RDR2?

AnnieGetURGuns

Question

So how exciting to see confirmation of 2020 PS5 and I know it is way too early to expect any real answers but I can't help wondering if we will be able to play RDR2 on PS5.  All of you have way more experience than I do with these games so maybe this is already a given.  Anyone have any idea or thoughts on this they want to share? 

5 answers to this question

Well, Sony had already confirmed backward compatibility with the PS4 a while ago although there is very recent news that questions how far that will extend but it's based on a brief blurb translated from Japanese: "dev team is putting all power on verifying whether they can secure a complete compatibility. Please wait for more information."

The problem is that some are interpreting this as perhaps the PS5 will not work with all PS4 titles while others thinks it means earlier generations like the PS3 and PS2.  .....but that is pure speculation as information had already been that PS4 was included in the comp. 

Either way, I think it's a relatively safe bet PS5 will be able to run our PS4 games when it launches in a year but stay tuned for more details about it to be confirmed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPicard said:

I'd be more willing to bet that they'll release a "remastered RDRII" for the PS5, much like they did with GTAV when the PS4 was released.

Could be.....  I think there will be a lot of factors involved in that decision including the sales of PS5's, new R* titles, RDO's success, PS5's new features, etc.

I'm sure part of the choice to create an enhanced version of GTAO was the fact that PS4 wasn't able to play PS3 games.  .....which would limit the lifespan of their game on that platform as playstation owners begin to migrate to PS4, etc.   However, the new PS5 will be much more flexible in that respect and Sony is even planning on cross play between the two. 

• Like 1

They wouldnt of went through this with rdr2 knowing the ps5 was coming.the ps5 will handle rdr2 better and we can get the graphics back up to where it was and better.plus i reckon they will be able to improve the game alot better on the ps5.but i reckon kean is right in that ps3 and ps2 games wont make the cut.rdr2 will have a better life span on the ps5.