My name was not taken :D

Coyote

I have long been called Coyote by friends, family, online, etc. so I am very happy to see it was available here :D 

So, I am new here. Decided to join on the account of getting the game in November. Not sure I active I will be but don't hold that against me! I love the look of this place too btw. I did not play RDR or RDR2 up until a few months back. My friend moved and unearthed his Xbox 360 and all his games. Told me I could take it home and play around with it for awhile if I wanted. Ended up starting RDR and getting hooked on it. Beat the game pretty fast and wanted more from it. The soundtrack alone was just beautiful. 

So I was set to buy RDR2 when I realized, it is not out for PC. Low and behold, I learned just last week it will be coming out on PC next month! Very excited for it.

If you are wondering, I have not owned a gaming console since the first Wii. I didn't buy a PS3 or PS4, nor a Xbox360 or Xbox One. I just have not been into console gaming in a long time and prefer to play on my PC. Now that I have kids, it is easier to just hide away in the office. My wife and I will be getting a Switch for our two boys now that they are older for Christmas this year so who knows, maybe I will be back on consoles in time for the PS5. Time will tell.

I am typing too much... hahah

I look forward to chatting with you all and finding some more PC players for RDR2! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Hi Coyote and welcome.

Thanks for the welcome. Since you are a mod here, I will ask you...

Are there any other "older" gamers here. The last forum I was on for gaming was mostly what seemed to be teens and twenty somethings. I am in my late 30's so I am hoping I am not an old fart on here lol

38 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Thanks for the welcome. Since you are a mod here, I will ask you...

Are there any other "older" gamers here. The last forum I was on for gaming was mostly what seemed to be teens and twenty somethings. I am in my late 30's so I am hoping I am not an old fart on here lol

There are several of us even older than that.  I recall a thread where many of us chimed in. .....I'm in my fifties myself.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 11:33 PM, Kean_1 said:

There are several of us even older than that.  I recall a thread where many of us chimed in. .....I'm in my fifties myself.

Glad to hear it! I mean I am fine with younger folks but I honestly always gotten along better and had more in common  with people older than me, even in my teens and 20s. 

On 10/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, Parzival said:

I demand my name be changed to Coyote and the OP's to Salami Sister Sally!

What would happen if Salami Sister Sally joined and couldn't use her name but was forced to add a 1 at the end? I would feel terrible!