Happy (late) Birthday Red Dead!

EjectedCasings

5 hours ago, Parzival said:

One year on question: Is RDR2 too realistic? Lol

I don't think a game could ever be too realistic. We have come a long way with gaming but there is just too much to factor in. I can bet in another 15 years when VR takes off in a big way and becomes the norm, we will not be able to tell the difference. Scary to think about. 

I disagree, a game can be too realistic. For example, if the next CoD only allowed you to play only until you died, then every further attempt resulted in a screen saying "You've died, so you can't play anymore. Ever. Not even any future games we make because you're dead. You wanted realism? Well, there you go. Hahahaha! - Activision" See? That would be way too realistic.

Edited by Parzival

18 hours ago, Parzival said:

I disagree, a game can be too realistic. For example, if the next CoD only allowed you to play only until you died, then every further attempt resulted in a screen saying "You've died, so you can't play anymore. Ever. Not even any future games we make because you're dead. You wanted realism? Well, there you go. Hahahaha! - Activision" See? That would be way too realistic.

Yeah, but what if I play as Elon Musk and just clone myself? What happens if the original dies? Do the Clones die? Do I play as the Clones? I WANT ANSWERS ACTIVISION!

• Haha 1

Imagine if Gran Tourismo was too realistic. You’re racing along and get into a crash and your player avatar is seriously injured. But oops! Your medical insurance is out of date, so you go into huge debt paying medical bills out of pocket. But being injured, you can’t race and earn money to pay them, so each time you boot up the game, you’re met with a screen telling you you can’t play because you’re injured and to pay for your virtual medical bills, your console is deactivated and you can no longer play ANY games at all.

All because you hit a wall playing Gran Tourismo. :(

• Like 1