New Matchmaking Gamemode ideas?

EjectedCasings

So it has kind of been bugging me for a while that Rockstar implemented a system for armor in online and (to my knowledge) it's never used outside of the single story mission. This got me to thinking. What about armor?

I thought about an idea for a new juggernaut styled gamemode. The Juggernaut gets the armor and maybe even a handheld Maxim gun (Like that sentry kit from BF1). All of the other players have to try and kill the juggernaut. Just an idea though. 

Also A Maxim-Wagon race would be cool. Players get divided into teams of three and they have to race wagons, but each wagon has a maxim gun on the back.

Thoughts?

6 hours ago, EjectedCasings said:

I thought about an idea for a new juggernaut styled gamemode. The Juggernaut gets the armor and maybe even a handheld Maxim gun (Like that sentry kit from BF1). All of the other players have to try and kill the juggernaut. Just an idea though. 

I have seen several games do this kind of mini game style and I have loved the ones I have played. Not sure about the gun aspect but I do love a good juggernaut style game. 

What i would like to see :

Team vs Team large showdown using only knives , machette, hammers etc. without explosives, guns, thrown and projectile. Would be awesome carnage,

Another one is team vs team large showdown with specific roles and weapons  for each player. for example 8 man team - 2 snipers, 2 demolition man (explosives), 2 melee fighter and 2 short distance shooters. You can use only wepons that are suitable for each role.     You would have to place explosives to get to other player base, sniping towers , stuff like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

I'd like to see "Bar Room Brawl" - Team or Last Man Standing fist-only fights set in the various saloons around the map. Complete with new moves such as flinging an opponent across the bar or throwing them out of a window. 

Now this i’d play... especially if you start in a drunk state, and after every opponent you   down you have to go to the bar for another drink of whiskey before you can fight again... Maybe throw in some classic bar room one time use melee weapons (a bottle, chair... something that’ll do a little extra damage but gets destroyed in the hit)...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

I'd like to see "Bar Room Brawl" - Team or Last Man Standing fist-only fights set in the various saloons around the map. Complete with new moves such as flinging an opponent across the bar or throwing them out of a window. 

1 hour ago, The_Liquor said:

Now this i’d play... especially if you start in a drunk state, and after every opponent you   down you have to go to the bar for another drink of whiskey before you can fight again... Maybe throw in some classic bar room one time use melee weapons (a bottle, chair... something that’ll do a little extra damage but gets destroyed in the hit)...

Totally agree! There are entire games that are sold based on that one game mode! 

(Rockstar, take notes)

22 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

Fool’s Gold? 

Personally I hope we don’t see armour plate suits and handheld maxims in the game. In a Showdown mode things like the maxim wagon suggestion would be fine but I fear they’d find a way into free roam and it would be hell.

I've seen a few Maxim Wagons in Free roam, where people get them from bounties. They aren't as big a problem as you might think, as they are kinda impractical for hunting small, fast moving targets like people. And yeah, I don't think that a full blown Maxim won't be allowed, If it were, it'd have to give the player a massive Debuff like Heavily Slowing their movement speed (Along with the Armor Debuff), and maybe they would have to set it up in order to fire. Like the player would have deploy a tripod in order to fire.

Yes, I understand that the Juggernaut would have to carry 150+ pounds (including armor) but I mean a game that lets you Chug a moonshine to take more bullets could probably let that slide.

It was just an idea though.

• Like 2