Auto Save, Lame!

Ironic Kast

Question

I don't know about you guys but the autosave feature felt so lame.

Here's why I hat it>

Every time the autosave pop-up it will overwrite the previous autosave and it will not give you an option to save it on an empty slot. Instead it will force you to overwrite it. Then if you choose [NO] the will force you to choose disable the autosave feature which is for me is so lame.

I know you can save manually but it's felt better if you can keep your previous auto save game. So in that case if you die or want to repeat manually, then that would be so great feature to have in the game and save a lot of time...

Well, that's just me and don't get me wrong I love the game. Haven't so hooked up to open world games since Witcher 3...

PEACE TO ALL!!!

5 answers to this question

On 11/9/2019 at 10:09 AM, Ironic Kast said:

I don't know about you guys but the autosave feature felt so lame.

Here's why I hat it>

Every time the autosave pop-up it will overwrite the previous autosave and it will not give you an option to save it on an empty slot. Instead it will force you to overwrite it. Then if you choose [NO] the will force you to choose disable the autosave feature which is for me is so lame.

I know you can save manually but it's felt better if you can keep your previous auto save game. So in that case if you die or want to repeat manually, then that would be so great feature to have in the game and save a lot of time...

Well, that's just me and don't get me wrong I love the game. Haven't so hooked up to open world games since Witcher 3...

PEACE TO ALL!!!

it's probably the most bugged save in game that i remember in the last 20 years. it's horrible!

not only the autosave is a total trash like you described, but it also misses the correct position and action save.

when i load a game usually it launches in a completely different position. the damn thing doesn't even saves the camp when you save the game on the camp. it's really really horrible and extremely bugged.

i'm only tolerating all the bugs and crashs because the game in single player is amazing.

unfortunately the online mode is impossible to play due the lack of save. the online game is always crashing and RDR2 online is the only online game i know that doesn't keep track of the player position or at least let him save the game -- online is so hideous that makes everything bad in story looks great! :)

I only ever manual save when the option is present. And I especially hate an autosave system that creates umpteen different save files. It eats up hard drive space. When I've finished playing Days Gone, for example, I have to go through and delete every single one of the 10 to 12 autosave files it leaves behind, which is extremely annoying. AC Odyssey does this too, but thankfully the system limits it to five autosaves per session.

12 minutes ago, imanafrican said:

i created an account on this site just to tell you how stupid you are. 

There's absolutely no need for disrespectful remarks like this.  Disagreements are fine but let's be civil in how we respond to other community members.  

On 11/22/2019 at 6:00 AM, Parzival said:

I only ever manual save when the option is present. And I especially hate an autosave system that creates umpteen different save files. It eats up hard drive space. When I've finished playing Days Gone, for example, I have to go through and delete every single one of the 10 to 12 autosave files it leaves behind, which is extremely annoying. AC Odyssey does this too, but thankfully the system limits it to five autosaves per session.

i created an account on this site just to tell you how stupid you are. save files are microscopic compared to the size of modern harddrives. RDR2 saves, for example, are 1028kb, or 1 megabyte. even if you had 1000 of them (which you wouldnt have) would be unnoticeable in a modern harddrive.