Questions about PC versions

Bruce VC

Hi All

I am about to purchase the PC version of RDR2 and Im super excited as I never got to play RDR1 as I dont own a console, I am huge fan of both GTA 4&5 and spent hundreds of hours immersed in those game worlds

Anyway I see there are different versions on EPIC like the Special and Ultimate editions, I dont mind paying for additional content  but all I can determine is these optional editions are basically about cosmetic additions like new outfits and horses

Is it worth getting any of these special editions if I just want extra content like quests and characters but  the aesthetics dont concern me too much. I just want  a good and immersive Western RP experience 😎

Edited by Bruce VC

The campaign is really stocked with content and if you don't rush and explore the various side missions / activities, it will take you a long time to finish the game.  ....so for me, a couple extra activities, etc. is likely not worth the extra amount especially if you have no interest in the rest of it.  

Remember, there is also the online portion where you can essentially start your own story for your own character in the RDR2 game world.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 7:40 PM, CrabApples said:

The extras are great if you get them on a deal but I don't think they are worth paying extra for. Like mentioned, you get plenty in the game. Hope you enjoy it!!

The preorder had some good deals on it but those likely won't come back for awhile. Steam, if the game ever gets on there, will likely have a decent sale on stuff closer to summer but that is a ways away.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 2:30 AM, redscrew said:

The preorder had some good deals on it but those likely won't come back for awhile. Steam, if the game ever gets on there, will likely have a decent sale on stuff closer to summer but that is a ways away.

I noticed with new releases, they run a sale on them usually after 3 months or 6 months but I think this depends on owner (devs) of said game. They might not mark it down for sale till next fall.

23 hours ago, CrabApples said:

I noticed with new releases, they run a sale on them usually after 3 months or 6 months but I think this depends on owner (devs) of said game. They might not mark it down for sale till next fall.

At this rate, the game might not even be on Steam till next fall LOL 

I sure hope this isn't the case but I would imagine they won't put it on there until the issues are sorted.