Gun Holster Bugging Me.

LordOdin61

The gun holsters seem all wrong to me, I don't know if anyone else has picked up on this so here goes. Your main gun holster is on your right side which is perfectly correct imho, unless your left handed :P. When you equip your second holster it is also facing the right which would make it almost impossible to draw your weapons quickly at the same time, it works if your using one weapon at a time but isn't that defeating the purpose of dual wield ?. Being a western fan I would like to see a holster on the right and left leg like in some of the old cowboy films.

Odin

@The_Liquor is right. There was actually a thread about it at one point where we posted pics from that period showing folks who had crossdraw holsters, etc. 

Here's the thing.....  The main reason for someone carrying more than one handgun was simply because it was much faster to pull another pistol than reloading one especially a gun like the popular SAA Colt (represented as the Cattleman in RDR2)

A cross-draw rig allows the shooter to draw both pistols using their dominant hand.  ....which is forced as the right hand in the game.   

The whole concept of "dual wielding" is the ridiculous part IMO but its a popular thing in Hollywood movies and professional trick shooting so I see why it's included. That's not to say folks didn't have rigs like you describe but it would make more sense to me if they did it because they could shoot both weak and dominant handed rather than both.  ......or maybe it was just a more comfortable way for them to carry two guns, or perhaps kind of stylish, etc.

Here's one of the threads I mentioned:

Cross-drawing guns in the real world is done using both the left and right hands but because the game is defaulted to being right-handed, I would imagine why it is designed this way. I never gave it much thought though. 

However, if you do the motion on yourself right now and pull your thumbs back to your belt/pants line, you will notice how this would function.