is there any use for masks on story?

NeKryXe

is there any use for masks on story or is it just cosmetic?

i've been trying train robbery with masks, i always manage to get away fast and they never even see me, but in the end i always get a bounty, they always know who was behind the mask even if i go with new clothes and a new horse. it seems to have absolutely the same effect of the bandana.

They are meant as a means to hide your identity but they are frustratingly hard to get to work properly. What you want to do is put on the mask where no one can see you. When you do any kind of robbery, use a different horse from your main and also different clothing. When you are done, get out of sight and change your clothing and horse, remove the mask as well. It should work but it doesn't always seem to.

What normally happens is that you commit a crime and simply ride away from any trouble caused and pay the minimal bounty in another county when you get around to visiting a post office.  Beyond the first couple of times, I just didn't bother with the whole cover/change clothes thing.

On 11/25/2019 at 2:33 AM, Foxtrot said:

What normally happens is that you commit a crime and simply ride away from any trouble caused and pay the minimal bounty in another county when you get around to visiting a post office.  Beyond the first couple of times, I just didn't bother with the whole cover/change clothes thing.

It seems fairly pointless to me. They could have easily made it more worth your while to use them but it just feels like you get so far, and people know who you are anywhere you go.