Passenger Trains

BornToBattle

“I ain’t got no stink in’ passengers trains!”

All I ever see in this PC version running are loaded flatbed freight cars. Does the PC even have passenger trains or do you have to get to a certain level to see them or have a really low honor rating?

My honor rating is far to the right and I’m only on level 9 right now.

Thanks all! Really curious.

5 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I see passenger cars on the console version but they are not populated with NPCs.  .....just the engineer.  

....but yeah, a lot of flatbeds too.

This is what I expected to see on the PC version, or at least once in a while. Nothing but freight.

Strange, and no NPC’s in the passenger cars? Wonder why posts regarding train holdups mentions robbing passengers after hitting the safe?

3 minutes ago, BornToBattle said:

This is what I expected to see on the PC version, or at least once in a while. Nothing but freight.

Strange, and no NPC’s in the passenger cars? Wonder why posts regarding train holdups mentions robbing passengers after hitting the safe?

In Free Roam (online) there are no passengers to rob.  .......yet.  

With the exception of certain missions I guess and story mode, etc. but not in Free Roam.

1 minute ago, Kean_1 said:

In Free Roam (online) there are no passengers to rob.  .......yet.  

With the exception of certain missions I guess and story mode, etc. but not in Free Roam.

Ahhh...k...forgot to mention too I’m doing free roam. Well, that kinda, er, stinks. I’ve also noticed that you can’t buy a room for the night in free roam, order a decent meal in a bar or choose a “soiled dove” (heard that was dropped which takes the air outta the “Wild West” saloon atmosphere).

It's due to the mechanics and how Free Roam works. You simply can't sleep and skip hours in a mode populated with other, random players like this because that would mean time would have to accelerate for everyone else as well.  ......or you would have to wait in real time as you slept.

There is food you can order in saloons IIRC from the bartender or even free nuts on the bar that boost your health, stamina or one of those (can't remember). 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xsugarskull said:

I am guessing they will likely run an update in the future to make this more lively. 

All of these things can almost be thought of as placeholders of sorts for new content.  .....ways to explore and create new roles, heists, missions and other activities.  I simply can't see them not doing something more with the trains in the game at some point.  

As for the bugs, they are getting a handle on the PC side and I'm sure the issues with the camps, etc. some are having will be addressed.  I doubt that will stop them from creating new, major content updates every quarter or so like they have been.  ......one just released today (Moonshiner role).

• Like 1