Treasure Maps - Locating the 'Natural' Way

So i have restarted playing RDR2 and am just getting frustrated with certain things.

I really want to play this game as "naturally" as possible with no guides or anything but I keep getting stuck running around in circles.

Especially with regards to treasure maps. I just cant understand how someone is supposed to find anything with just these scrawled on sketches that give absolutely no indication of the location unless you have already been there and recognise it.

I already used a guide for the first jack hall gang and poisonus trail treasures maps and i just truly hate myself. I want to be able to find these locations with my own skill not cheating. And yet im close to looking them up again because i am not prepared to just wander aimlessly until i find it.

I know the devs would put some sort of other clue in there but what are they?

So here I am asking for advice on how you guys would go about reading these maps the 'real' way and if theres something im missing. Or is it really just wandering about until you find something that looks like whats on the map?

Also, how will i know i have started/completed All of the available treasure map missions without searching online? Its not like we have a list or something -.-

Also, i have read about some Les Tresor Des Morts treasure map which i dont have yet and i preordered the ultimate edition and everything...

whats the status for this? Is it available for all? How do i start the mission? ..without spoilers ofc.

I just cant deal with the fact that i may be missing something from this game, i cant believe people would put stuff in a game that people could just totally miss.

I mean i know its for a more real experience but i literally have anxiety about missing something cool.

All other articles for these are just walkthroughs which is just cheating to me. i do my part i go into almost every structure or whatever to find stuff but still i find others having a seemingly more in depth complete and natural experience than me.

Rant over, appreciate any help or advice you could provide.

Sam

maxresdefault.jpg

There's some aspects of the game that probably won't easily be found simply by searching the world and do neccessitate looking things up somewhat.

However, the treasure maps do include recognizable landmarks, so could be used without a guide, it's just a matter of paying attention somewhat when you're exploring and then periodically looking through the maps until there's a landscape or rock layout that you recall seeing.

1 hour ago, Sammael said:

I just cant deal with the fact that i may be missing something from this game, i cant believe people would put stuff in a game that people could just totally miss.

I mean i know its for a more real experience but i literally have anxiety about missing something cool.

That's the beauty of R* games and why I like them.  .....the details.  Hell, I'm still discovering little things even after a year.  ....I try to avoid all walkthroughs, guides, etc.  tit

Too many devs dumb down this aspect of their games IMO.  

• 3 months later...

You're looking at a map of a small island in a lake.
There are not to many lakes in RDR2.
This treasure was the easiest for me and found in no time. Bot ok, I used a map to locate this lake...