The Egret Egg of wandering faith.

Boot Smith

Question

Just started handing in collections and the one I can't seem to complete is the eggs.  As far as I'm aware there is only one location the Egret egg spawns in Lamoyne and it's in a tree.  I've tried using the bow and Varmint rifle to knock it out - get the message about not using overpowered weapons and suggests using the weapon I just used.

Still hear the tinkling sound though but nothing appears using Eagle Eye and wandering round the base of the tree does nothing but cover you in mud and then lead you on a Croc Rampage with a knife.

Will pay Gold for Egret Egg  "/

5 answers to this question

On 1/14/2020 at 10:36 AM, Boot Smith said:

Just started handing in collections and the one I can't seem to complete is the eggs.  As far as I'm aware there is only one location the Egret egg spawns in Lamoyne and it's in a tree.  I've tried using the bow and Varmint rifle to knock it out - get the message about not using overpowered weapons and suggests using the weapon I just used.

Still hear the tinkling sound though but nothing appears using Eagle Eye and wandering round the base of the tree does nothing but cover you in mud and then lead you on a Croc Rampage with a knife.

Will pay Gold for Egret Egg  "/

Just to confirm, the varmint rifle is THE gun you must use to knock an egg down and not damage it. On the note of the egg itself, sometimes it may spawn but land on an invisible or invalid spawned object which can prevent players from being able to pick it up. Not much we can do in that regard but hope for a fix. If you have any other questions, I'm happy to help where possible!

you have to know the spawn spot , u need egret then u know it at lemoyne/lagras , travel at lagras and open a collector map for eggs , it will send u to the 3 closest egg around you . if u cant find your egg or your flower , u need to rebuy a map and travel at another location farther  and open ur map.. p.s  lagras  has  egrett heron and spoonbill ,   colter has eagle and hawk , and agarita flower re between armadillo and macfarlane or at rio bravo

In order to shoot the egg down with a varmint rifle you must shoot the nest. The problem is that there is no damn nest to shoot down. You get all the sparkling and vibrations telling that there is a nest in the tree.....but you cant see it to shoot it down. My guess is that it spawns inside the tree sometimes and makes it impossible to hit. It has happened to me at least 10 times in the last two weeks and its frustrating as hell when it does. Its not just egret eggs but its all of them that spawn in trees. I've spent way to long with scopes and binoculars, from every angle available, day and night. I've come back hours later expecting they might appear. I once went thru a hundred rounds of 22 shells blasting every square inch of the area. Dynamite just obliterates them and I move on.

As far as flowers go.......Agarita and Blood flowers only spawn at night. 10pm to 5am where Pluck3 says for agaritas and the Lemoyne area for Blood flowers. 

If you get really frustrated.........https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/