I am stuck on highly illegal highly moral

brennanchilders246

Question

12 answers to this question

Not sure if it will fix it but I would give this a shot

From the "Start" button menu, got to "Progress" then "Missions"... If I were you, I would start again from the 1st mission and work your way through them again in order... after each successful completion, check your map to see if the mission marker has changed... if it does change, then start doing the missions from the map marker instead.

Other than that, you can submit a ticket to rockstar... but be prepared for a reply something along the lines of the standard rockstar copy and paste reply:

"we're sorry you're having this problem, we are aware of the issue and we are working on it"

On 1/17/2020 at 7:40 PM, nshanny73 said:

The only other thing I can think of is some missions require you to be dishonorable to unlock or replay

Exactly.

This was my thought as well.

Some missions although you can join if others have their honor where it needs to be and invite you, but if your honor is high you wont be able to play the low honor missions on your own, they wont even show up in your mission list.

I had been invited to a mission, I forget the name it is the one that takes you to the fort East of Valentine, well I joined from an invite but on my own the mission never came up, I later realized I had to lower my honor and that is exactly why you see the honor changing option at those stations around the map, you can also do it yourself for free like I did.

I ended up going to St Denis, climbing onto a rooftop across from the stables and sniping people and police until my honor was very low, then I went into the menu and tada, there was the mission, after I completed the missions that require low honor, I went fishing and just playing the game the way I normally play it and my honor was back up in a session.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 6:40 PM, nshanny73 said:

The only other thing I can think of is some missions require you to be dishonorable to unlock or replay

I think nshanny is right, have to be dishonorable. In order to complete 100% of the Land of Opportunity you have to switch between honorable & dishonorable status.

I looked online & found the mission list, you need to be dishonorable to continue on with the story missions. Once you reach dishonorable status the next mission should pop up on your map in the next 5 mins.  You can just ride around & kill bot or go to a town & kill cops & other bots. This will help get you dishonorable quickly.

Red Dead Online Story Missions List:

1. Honor Among Horse Thieves
Mr. Horley

2. Love and Honor
Mr. Horley, Sam Freeman

3. The Right Side of the Tracks
Curtis Malloy

4. If the Hat Fits...
Mr. Horley

5. Where Your Morals Lead You
Marshal Tom Davies
Honorable Mission

6. Highly Illegal and Highly Moral
Marshal Tom Davies
Honorable Mission

7. Kerosene, Tar, and Greed
Samson Finch
Dishonorable Mission

8. More Than One Way To Earn a Buck
Samson Finch
Dishonorable Mission

9. Kill Them, Each and Every One
Jessica LeClerk, Mr. Horley

10. Bring a Goddamn Posse
Marshal Tom Davies
Honorable Mission

11. The Hanging of Tom Davies
Old Man Jones
Honorable Mission

12. These Bastards Can Fight
Samson Finch
Dishonorable Mission

13. Banks Don't Rob Themselves
Samson Finch
Dishonorable Mission

14. Destroyed by Grief
Jessica LeClerk, Mr. Horley

• Like 1

If you have the Outlaw Pass 2, you can also unlock "Honor" vouchers and there is also the guy on the map you can pay 3 gold bars IIRC

Way back when, I would go to Van Horn, setup in cover by the Fence at the end of the pier and just shoot anything that moves... the law comes in waves. so you can loot the bodies in between waves... just make sure not to shoot witnesses

Been awhile since I've done it so I don't how bounty may factor in now