Deliveries

Gamerjenny

Question

Oh man playing today was frustrating. I usually am in small posse and we were glad some animals finally came around, and I was able to fill my camp. We got disconnected SEVERAL times getting an error message from Rockstar. I would get halfway or in some cases SECONDS away from completing a distant delivery , just to see the message "fault on Rockstar game services"

Ive been a loyal player since RD1 I even went back to play it to enjoy the free camps and fast travel

The bugs are frustrating and tonight has been a repetative experience I have had with RDO and may just have to give up.

What causes this issue?

Edited by Gamerjenny
  • Like 1

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Gamerjenny said:

Oh man playing today was frustrating. I usually am in small posse and we were glad some animals finally came around, and I was able to fill my camp. We got disconnected SEVERAL times getting an error message from Rockstar. I would get halfway or in some cases SECONDS away from completing a distant delivery , just to see the message "fault on Rockstar game services"

Ive been a loyal player since RD1 I even went back to play it to enjoy the free camps and fast travel

The bugs are frustrating and tonight has been a repetative experience I have had with RDO and may just have to give up.

What causes this issue?

I only started playing a couple of weeks ago and I'm having a similarly frustrating experience with disconnects. And I've come from Fallout 76! This game is far, far worse in that respect!

Somebody here told me that disconnects are just 'a fact of life'. I've not had much trouble with other online games, so it does seem to be a problem on Rockstar's end. My limited understanding of these things has left me with the suspicion that RDO's servers or netcode or both are somehow particularly sensitive to either end-user bandwidth dips or high server load compared to other games. I have noticed that the disconnects seem to happen the most during peak hours.

I don't think there's much we can do about it on our end, other than perhaps try to make sure that nothing else is drawing bandwidth when we're on Red Dead.

On 1/17/2020 at 11:35 AM, Freakshow9191 said:

I've heard the game is WiFi sensitive, and to hook up directly with Ethernet cable.  

I did that.  And got "gig speed" internet. 

I still disconnect frequently. 

I tried that when I was having constant disconnect issues and it didn't do anything for me.I had a modem/router combo and it wasn't  until I got a new modem and separate router that was meant a little more for gamers that my disconnects finally ceased.

On 1/17/2020 at 6:24 AM, Gamerjenny said:

What causes this issue?

Ok, so a few things.

We have had several bugs in the game for the past 4 months, animal spawns, black screens, infinite loading screens, etc..

Many have been fixed or improved yet some still remain.

As we get closer to Tuesday you might notice other bugs especially on Tuesday when they implement a change or add on or other fixes.

Ive played since the Beta and it goes back and forth, buggy, not buggy, buggy not buggy, but I think we are closer than ever to some stability fixes.

Hang in there, this game is amazing, and it also has some amazing challenges for developers, obviously they are working on fixes all the time, so be patient and use the Rockstar feedback form to let them know what you are experiencing, it can only help to hear from more people.

The only bugs I have seen are the infinite loading screens, the rare but occasional disconnect and of course the animals not spawning when servers have more than 12 players on them.

What I have decided to do so I dont give up on the game is I join once a day, check my daily challenges, I do at least one to keep my streak going and my gold payouts at .5 per challenge.

Then I test the game, to see how buggy it is , yesterday there were no fast travel posts and no butchers in Blackwater or Strawberry, odd but ok.

Once I saw that, I just left for the day, no point in wasting a bunch of time and getting frustrated, I am not giving up, I am just doing the minimum to keep my streak going while I wait for fixes.

Also, I am on xbox and we have been waiting for content that was out on pc and ps4 a month ago, so I am just biding my time until that hits to both see how it effects online, but also to re play the story mission a 4th time, this time with new content and weapons and horses that were not available when I played it the other 3 times.

In my case my main tv died a week ago, so now I am really biding my time and only doing daily challenges until I can get my tv back or I buy a new one, I am hoping by the time I can get this figured out on my end, the new content will be here and hopefully, fingers crossed the animal spawns and server issues fixed as well, so when I return to daily playing, hopefully it will be a new day n RDR2.

Good luck, hang in there.

Edited by lumper

On 1/17/2020 at 6:24 AM, Gamerjenny said:

What causes this issue?

many thing could cause these issue but here my tips : first start a legendary bounty hunter mission ( red ben clemson or yukon nik the best ) and ignore the mission and hunt all u want , then leave mission to max your materials in crips camp , and to be honest the difference between long and small distance run is roughly 125$ and 500 xp ,  so with a short distance which can be done in like 5 minute top , u get 500$ 2000xp and minus the risk of being griefed.