Anybody like to do quick draws?

Before the Spring Update, boredom had set in and I was looking for something to do. Then it hit me: this game doesn’t offer a mode for one of the most quintessential Wild West activities. Quick Draws, or showdowns, or whatever you want to call them. 

Before PVP matches started in RDR, a showdown between the two teams would commence. The last players standing would have the opportunity to run for the power-ups or random weapons on the map first. I missed this aspect of the game. 

Now I find myself trying to gather random players for one-on-one duels in the muddy streets of Valentine, or on the dusty drag of Armadillo. It’s worked a few times. Sometimes griefers ruin the fun. 

But there isn’t anything quite like staring down another player, six-shooter at my side, with my finger hovering over the trigger to see who will win the day. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Enoch said:

Before the Spring Update, boredom had set in and I was looking for something to do. Then it hit me: this game doesn’t offer a mode for one of the most quintessential Wild West activities. Quick Draws, or showdowns, or whatever you want to call them. 

Before PVP matches started in RDR, a showdown between the two teams would commence. The last players standing would have the opportunity to run for the power-ups or random weapons on the map first. I missed this aspect of the game. 

Now I find myself trying to gather random players for one-on-one duels in the muddy streets of Valentine, or on the dusty drag of Armadillo. It’s worked a few times. Sometimes griefers ruin the fun. 

But there isn’t anything quite like staring down another player, six-shooter at my side, with my finger hovering over the trigger to see who will win the day. 

I hope to enter town one day and see this. 

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, llp said:

I hope to enter town one day and see this. 

You will.  

But....as Enoch said, just when you get a big group going, all is well and right in the world, you're having a blast.  Then.......here comes a stick of dynamite right in the middle.  Never fails. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/27/2020 at 1:29 PM, Enoch said:

They had a quick draw in RDO 1, if I remember correctly you could challenge people to a duel .... the whole wall 10 paces and turn around deal