Jump to content

Hackers Running a muck in PC Online


Adrien_H_Wallace
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have posted this in other Red Dead websites, so wanted to spread the word here as well.

 

Beware, Hackers are at it again on PC version.

 

I wish Rockstar Games had a forum, I would like to let them know that they will not get a single penny from me for their gold until they fix this issue. They should have known better than to copy and paste GTA Online over to this after the hackfest they had there. Now RDR2 Online is facing the same issues. These hackers are going to cost them money. If I am one who will boycott paying them a dime for their cash shop (which I never really particularly cared for to begin with, but I bought some gold for outfits to unlock) over these hackers and them allowing the hackers to infiltrate their game, then I am sure others feel the same way.

 

Just be careful. Ignoring the hackers and saying nothing to them changes nothing. They will not stop until you log off. Nothing you do is what instigates this. I did not PvP anyone, I did not grief anyone...they simply pick you as a target and do anything and everything they can to disrupt your game play. I even tried just standing there and pretending I went afk hoping they would pick someone else...that didn't work. After about ten minutes of this, I finally started recording the footage, at which point the hacker decided to grab other players and focus them on me. I believe one of the players thought that I was the one doing it (my character was stuck, jerking around, I'm sure it didn't look good from their perspective) and she killed me. The other players would run away (While I am still stuck) and the hacker would continuously teleport them back to me time and time again. After a while I noticed that the players were turning me in as I got notifications for it, it also affected my rep. I also noticed they too were dying and it was showing that I was the one killing them, even though I was nowhere near them. Finally my screen went black and all I could see was my map, notifications and options menu. One of them challenged me to a duel of sorts, so after I had enough footage I finally logged out. Not once did I catch the hacker's name because every time I died, it either showed my name, or an "enemy" name.

 

Hopefully that episode doesn't get me banned, because I am sure some of those players thought that it was me and reported me. I'll find out soon enough I guess.

 

Beware, gamers. Hackers are at it again. Footage below.

 

https://youtu.be/K65yuhuEPjo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couple things I'd like to make you aware of just in case......

One, we have a naming and shaming rule so please make sure that if you do find out who was involved, do not post their name(s) here.

Second, I would suggest you use R*s reporting features including their Support site to report this.  We can't do anything about it and hacking on PC is just a fact of life unfortunately.

Personally, I'd recommend simply leaving the session next time and starting a new one as you're just giving them what they want when you let it continue like that.  They'll move on to someone else. Walking away is your best bet in these instances.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

One, we have a naming and shaming rule so please make sure that if you do find out who was involved, do not post their name(s) here.

Yeah, even if I were the type to name and shame, it would be pointless anyway because Hackers will take over an account and use that character to run a muck...this usually results in innocent players being banned. And since Rockstar has a *Once banned there is no overturning it* policy, that would be even worse of me to name and shame them.

13 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Second, I would suggest you use R*s reporting features including their Support site to report this.  We can't do anything about it and hacking on PC is just a fact of life unfortunately.

That was the first thing I did. I recorded the footage in order to have evidence to report with and sent it in to them. Sadly that is one out of 100. Hackers are getting pretty bad. I got hit twice in 2 days.

13 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Personally, I'd recommend simply leaving the session next time and starting a new one as you're just giving them what they want when you let it continue like that.  They'll move on to someone else. Walking away is your best bet in these instances.

Unfortunately this is not always going to work. Sometimes you have to switch sessions a couple of times. For example, last night as soon as I got hit by the third Hacker, I instantly logged out and logged back in to join a different session. Once I joined the new session, none of the contacts were showing up. I couldn't even get a Bounty from the bounty board. At that point I didn't feel like sitting around and waiting for another reload of the game and I just logged out for the night.

 

But yeah, I just wanted to give people a warning and give them a heads up...the best ever advice you can give is simply this. If you are targeted by a Hacker, best thing to do is instantly log out and join a new session....and then hope that your new session is not also being plagued by hackers, hehe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty much...   Sad but true.

While console gets exploiters, some griefers and cheaters, it's essentially free of hackers for the most part. The tools R* provides to mitigate griefing actually work as well (although some may argue how effective they are, bugs, glitches, etc.). 

On PC, hackers can and do make such things a moot point once they are in control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/1/2020 at 5:56 PM, Kean_1 said:

Pretty much...   Sad but true.

While console gets exploiters, some griefers and cheaters, it's essentially free of hackers for the most part. The tools R* provides to mitigate griefing actually work as well (although some may argue how effective they are, bugs, glitches, etc.). 

On PC, hackers can and do make such things a moot point once they are in control.

Maybe they will add this feature if they haven’t all ready but it would be nice to be able to create invite only lobbies for just you and your friends. It would help out a lot in situations like these. 

Edited by Vendetta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vendetta said:

Maybe they will add this feature if they haven’t all ready but it would be nice to be able to create invite only lobbies for just you and your friends. It would help out a lot in situations like these. 

They don't want to for RDO but they also didn't rule it out.  They said they could and perhaps would at some point but have always said it's not in their plans.  Maybe that will change now that PC is on board 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

They don't want to for RDO but they also didn't rule it out.  They said they could and perhaps would at some point but have always said it's not in their plans.  Maybe that will change now that PC is on board 

I hope they do. Lots of PC players just want to chill in private sessions and voice chat with their friends. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

.....there are ways people have used to force themselves into a session by themselves like accepting some bounty Hunter missions and then avoiding the highlighted area that activates the task. 

The stores are all open but you won't be able to do everything you would in a public session like perform other roles, missions, etc. Its fine though if you want to hunt, gather, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

.....there are ways people have used to force themselves into a session by themselves like accepting some bounty Hunter missions and then avoiding the highlighted area that activates the task. 

The stores are all open but you won't be able to do everything you would in a public session like perform other roles, missions, etc. Its fine though if you want to hunt, gather, etc.

I think for PC, there is an actual way to have a fully functional private server. Can't say about the consoles...never heard of a way for consoles. From what I understand it's the same program they use in GTA Online. Apparently it works for RDR Online as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have been getting used to being blown up and such ... but ... today was actually entertaining. I was on a supply run and they dropped lions on me!!

The video is crude in 720 but very sharp on 1080 ... ??!? Don't know what's going on there ... this was my first youtube upload.

At the beginning you can see what looks like part of a cage appearing ... and then the lions drop out of the sky. Ultimately ... after the lions were delt with they dropped a grizzly bear to finish me off ... (not in the video). 😄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meMvx-7i7bg&feature=youtu.be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I purchased RDR2 for $60 and the game is beautiful.

But it’s becoming almost completely unplayable.

The online version is totally riddled with people that have hacked the game.

They are allowed to (Yes allowed to by Rockstar) summon deadly animals and throw them at you, they are able to make themselves invulnerable(God Mode) to any payback and will steal your kills and carry them off.  When you shoot them you get the hits for murder and they walk away unharmed.

They can come into your camp (with a white flag flying) and blow the entire thing up and kill you.

They have followed me to different sessions when I switched to remove myself from the situation.

I have filed more complaints than I can count using the players names and nothing is done.  NOTHING.

Rockstar doesn’t give a care about their playerbase, they only care that they have raked in your initial purchase price.

Understand that it would be very easy for them to stop this behaviour.  I’ve played hundreds of MMO’s and multiplayer games, nothing like this has ever happened to me for longer than a few weeks until the developers got a handle on any open code.  You have stated that there's nothing that can be done about it unfortunately.  This is complete BS, it would be very easy for them to stop it.

Don’t bother with RDR2 Online, it’s almost to the point of being unplayable.  It’s certainly not enjoyable.

It could be, but it’s not.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2020 at 11:32 PM, Kean_1 said:

Couple things I'd like to make you aware of just in case......

One, we have a naming and shaming rule so please make sure that if you do find out who was involved, do not post their name(s) here.

Second, I would suggest you use R*s reporting features including their Support site to report this.  We can't do anything about it and hacking on PC is just a fact of life unfortunately.

Personally, I'd recommend simply leaving the session next time and starting a new one as you're just giving them what they want when you let it continue like that.  They'll move on to someone else. Walking away is your best bet in these instances.

I've tried all of your suggestions and I've reported consistently.  They don't care.  Leaving sessions no longer works, they follow you to a new one.  They have now started something new (God Mode) you can't even pay them back.  They stay blue and you get hits for murder.  It's all well and good for you to give suggestions on how to avoid the hackers but why should we have to???  We payed for this game, they should make their customers happy and fix it.  Until we get loud enough about it and it hits them in their wallets.  They will do nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tahoenvy said:

I've tried all of your suggestions and I've reported consistently.  They don't care.  Leaving sessions no longer works, they follow you to a new one.  They have now started something new (God Mode) you can't even pay them back.  They stay blue and you get hits for murder.  It's all well and good for you to give suggestions on how to avoid the hackers but why should we have to???  We payed for this game, they should make their customers happy and fix it.  Until we get loud enough about it and it hits them in their wallets.  They will do nothing.

Well, I don't know what to tell you then. 

Did you also read that part about RDR2.org being a fan site?  We're not affiliated with R* nor Take Two.  There are no R* representatives here and there's nothing else we can do other than trying to give advice as to how to deal with it. 

If you don't like that advice or feel it isn't helpful, etc., what else do you want from us?  Don't confuse my trying to give options as some sort of excuse for the issues you're experiencing with R*s product.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep ... I have been trying to look at the humorous side and maintain a good attitude ... but today ... I was doing a moonshine delivery and sure enough ... while trying to navigate carefully etc ... the wagon was dragged off ... I was thrown off and when I searched for the wagon on the map ... it showed up in Saint Denis (my delivery was enroute to McFarland ranch). My replay showed a blue blip next to the wagon when it happened but it didn't show a player name. 

I had $40k money .. 275 gold I think ... and was level 170 something ... but you know ... it has been fun. 

Before I deleted I tried to think why I was so mad and I guess it was simply the money. I lost a $200+ delivery ... plus I had a $60 mix fee and time tired up ...

When this used to happen on bounties it wasn't such a big deal because that pays peanuts anyhow ... It was only irritating because I was trying to get to level 20 .. Now that all roles have been maxed I don't even bother with bounties anymore. 

I haven't been on Fortnite since I started playing RDR2 and have missed all the recent changes ... I need to go do something else for a while and actually ... getting the 120g disk space back is a biggie.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn that sux partners !! 

At times like this im glad i bought my X box when RDR 2 came out (i was a 100% PC player and wanted to play RDR 2 so i decided to buy a console) and i never did get back to my PC. I even disconnected it and hide in a closet. 

There were some situations when i met a player using some cheats in pvp but they were dealt with fast. Nothing like summoning lions or ufo's on you. Some Auto aim boosters , wall hax and 2 times god mode. 

Unfortunatelly i dont think that R* will fix the problem on PC - first of they dont care that much. 2nd i dont think its possible with the system they have - hackers will find a way to cheat anyway. 

About the "i paid and cant play online" -  I believe that R* charges you for the Story Mode and i totally get that - its a masterpiece. The online mode was something extra, a free bonus. Its not that you pay them for the online game. 

If you want to play online without problems like this and dont mind spending some cash buy a console. I know im not buying another PC anymore. Currently playing on xbox one x and waiting for new X box this X mas. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 6:02 AM, James Hickok_1837 said:

Damn that sux partners !! 

At times like this im glad i bought my X box when RDR 2 came out (i was a 100% PC player and wanted to play RDR 2 so i decided to buy a console) and i never did get back to my PC. I even disconnected it and hide in a closet. 

There were some situations when i met a player using some cheats in pvp but they were dealt with fast. Nothing like summoning lions or ufo's on you. Some Auto aim boosters , wall hax and 2 times god mode. 

Unfortunatelly i dont think that R* will fix the problem on PC - first of they dont care that much. 2nd i dont think its possible with the system they have - hackers will find a way to cheat anyway. 

About the "i paid and cant play online" -  I believe that R* charges you for the Story Mode and i totally get that - its a masterpiece. The online mode was something extra, a free bonus. Its not that you pay them for the online game. 

If you want to play online without problems like this and dont mind spending some cash buy a console. I know im not buying another PC anymore. Currently playing on xbox one x and waiting for new X box this X mas. 

 

You going with the Series S or the Series X? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 2:56 PM, Vendetta said:

I hope they do. Lots of PC players just want to chill in private sessions and voice chat with their friends. 

That is what I was hoping for.  First time online I encountered a couple who kept chasing me around, killing me, tying me up and wouldn't stop.  I finally just left online mode and have not returned.  I only play in story mode now.  And hoping the developers will bring out more states and territories soon too!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I just started playing in early Feb and I've had a few instances of hackers, but not a huge amount.  One or two blowing up hacks, and one or two other questionable ones.  Then the one that was spawning cougars on everyone around after they vacuumed a bunch of people up.  Was easily fixed with an instance swap though, so it wasn't a huge deal, I don't think.  Annoying, sure, but not a deal breaker for me as of yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...