chapter 4 missions

harry747

i'm in chapter 4. the last mission i did was the one where the o'driscoll scum attack shady belle. needless to say i went to their big hideout to take revenge. now i have 3 missions, including the one where you meet the indians and the one where you get the watch. do i have to do those 2 missions? can i skip them? if i don't do them now, will i reach a point where i have to do them? the guides here on rdr2.org don't say anything about that.

Edited by harry747

.....the story missions have to be completed.  They are essentially linear from what I remember.  Side quests / missions aren't barring the fact some are open by progression. 

6 hours ago, Parzival said:

Is there some reason you specifically don't want to do these missions?

Not really. Just wondering if they are optional because the guides here on rdr2.org don't mention anything about having to do them before other missions become available.

The whole campaign is a progression through the story.  The main missions don't just unlock new ones but also new items, functions, abilities and so on.  As mentioned, while you can forego some of the other side missions, activities, etc., you can't skip the main/story missions AFAIK to continue to the next chapter.  

• 1 month later...