Can't load saves (PS4)

Parzival

When I start Story Mode, it starts a new game instead of loading my most recently saved file. When I try to manually load through the menu, all it shows is a screen saying "Alert" but nothing else.

Played a few days ago and everything was fine.

Edit: It won't let me make any new saves either. I get the same Alert menu when trying.

Edited by Parzival

You can't save until completing the mission "Enter, Pursued by a Memory," I know. And I've tried with Internet connection on and off with the same result. If my saves were corrupt, I'm pretty sure I'd be able to make new ones without issue. The fact that I can neither save or load the game makes me think it's something on Rockstar's end.

Okay, two things happened:

1. Deleted the game from my hard drive to reinstall it. While reinstall was taking place, I went into saves to make doubly sure they didn't get deleted. This is where thing #2 happened.

2. Saw there were two recent auto saves from withing the last week, which shouldn't exist because I always play with auto save off. When I tried to delete them, I got a notification that the database was corrupted and the PS4 would restart. It did, database rebuilt, then I went in to check and found those auto saves (as well as save backups) were gone.

After this, game finished installing, I started Story Mode, and it loaded right into my last saved game as it's supposed to. I'm thinking the corrupted database is the most likely culprit.

• Like 1