Jump to content
  • 0

I lost my game, cuz RS wants me to buy it all over again


Trespasser
 Share

Question

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, Trespasser said:

I was just playing yesterday, then when i launched today, storymode and online were gone, it only shows as if i didn;t buy it, what's up?

 

From the title of your thread, it seems you already now what's up, right?  ;)  Seriously though, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that R* is somehow defrauding you.  

Are you saying that somehow the game has been uninstalled from your computer as well or just not available on the launcher?  I'd guess it could be a number of things including something on your end but have you tried reaching out to R* for help?  Below is a link to the Support page for the Launcher if it helps:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/360002126893

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

From the title of your thread, it seems you already now what's up, right?  ;)  Seriously though, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that R* is somehow defrauding you.  

Are you saying that somehow the game has been uninstalled from your computer as well or just not available on the launcher?  I'd guess it could be a number of things including something on your end but have you tried reaching out to R* for help?  Below is a link to the Support page for the Launcher if it helps:

https://support.rockstargames.com/categories/360002126893

Yes the game is not available on the launcher. Each time i login it takes me to the "Buy Now" screen (see above photo) and if you notice RDRO appears in the avalable ccolumn, when it should be in the "My Library" w/c is now gone w/c means it has been deleted. And yes i contacted RS Support but they have yet to reply. So i bought it again, but this time on Steam, it works but all my data is gone, even my online character does not exist, when i tried to play online it starts at level 0. I was at lvl 247 when i last played.  I aint playin online again unless RS retrieves it for me, if they will. But thanks for the reply.

Edited by Trespasser
add info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
24 minutes ago, Trespasser said:

Yes the game is not available on the launcher. Each time i login it takes me to the "Buy Now" screen (see above photo) and if you notice RDRO appears in the avalable ccolumn, when it should be in the "My Library" w/c is now gone w/c means it has been deleted. And yes i contacted RS Support but they have yet to reply. So i bought it again, but this time on Steam, it works but all my data is gone, even my online character does not exist, when i tried to play online it starts at level 0. I was at lvl 247 when i last played.  I aint playin online again unless RS retrieves it for me, if they will. But thanks for the reply.

Ouch.  I wouldn't have bought it again personally until you found out about the game you already paid for but ok.  

As for the character transfer, I don't know how that works on PC but I would have also assumed it would be tied to your SC account.  I probably would have made sure though before buying another copy on another account / launcher.

Obviously there is a problem with your R* Launcher account that needs to be rectified.  A brief search online shows a number of complaints about a similar problem and several of them talking about copies tied to 3rd party keys.  I didn't send a lot of ime trying to find a potential fix or answer for you though.

Hopefully R* Support get back to you soon with a solution or at least an answer as to why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Posted (edited)

i really dunno why R* is making me buy another copy? Obviously it does not know i own it that's why it doesn't appear in my R* library. The Steam copy i bought is working fine for both Story and Online but i have to start from 0 in online. I was already lvl 247. Now it's gone, R* doesn't detect it. 

Edited by Trespasser
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 8/3/2022 at 9:56 PM, Trespasser said:

i really dunno why R* is making me buy another copy? Obviously it does not know i own it that's why it doesn't appear in my R* library. The Steam copy i bought is working fine for both Story and Online but i have to start from 0 in online. I was already lvl 247. Now it's gone, R* doesn't detect it. 

Keep in mind that Steam's refund policy states that you can get a refund for any reason within two weeks of puchase and less than 120 minutes of playtime. That way if Rockstar sorts your problem out, you won't be out however much Steam charged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...