Jump to content

Preloaded already... or is it?


Benjo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Spotted this as well. It is almost time. I wish you could actually install the full game now and play it straight away on release day. 

That has to be the biggest downer of modern gaming. Even if you have the disc, there is a waiting period now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, VICKSUN said:

Spotted this as well. It is almost time. I wish you could actually install the full game now and play it straight away on release day. 

That has to be the biggest downer of modern gaming. Even if you have the disc, there is a waiting period now.

So I'll still have to d/l on game day? I thought that was the point of preloading? That would suck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Benjo said:

So I'll still have to d/l on game day? I thought that was the point of preloading? That would suck.

I am pretty sure you still have to DL something. Any other game I have done this with made me do a DL of patches and what not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VICKSUN said:

I am pretty sure you still have to DL something. Any other game I have done this with made me do a DL of patches and what not. 

Patches I can handle but 90gb would SUCK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Benjo said:

Patches I can handle but 90gb would SUCK.

I don't ever remember it being a hefty DL after this kind of installation but I could be wrong. I am fine with it taking like 10 min. Gives me time to sort snacks, drinks, and get my spot ready for a 6+ hour session with no breaking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, VICKSUN said:

I don't ever remember it being a hefty DL after this kind of installation but I could be wrong. I am fine with it taking like 10 min. Gives me time to sort snacks, drinks, and get my spot ready for a 6+ hour session with no breaking. 

If I can predownload it all snacks and drinks will be by my side and I will be sat like this from 11:30 onwards. As soon as it ticks to 00:00 I'm gone. 

Image result for playing xbox

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah.....   It finally showed up in my library and is scheduled to download on my PS4.  I'll wager the day-one patch will be a few GB itself but it sure beats waiting for the whole game to load. 

The pre-load isn't downloading for me yet, and your profile picture is great, that owl looks hilarious. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DylBandit said:

The pre-load isn't downloading for me yet, and your profile picture is great, that owl looks hilarious. 

:LOL:  Yeah, thanks.

On my PS4 it says that it is expected to download today although I hear it is supposed to be on Friday.  My only guess is that since I'm on the West coast of the US, it will download @ 9PM PST tonight while for folks on the East coast, it will be midnight.  ......at least that's the way it works for digital downloads on past games that I bought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Kean_1 said:

:LOL:  Yeah, thanks.

On my PS4 it says that it is expected to download today although I hear it is supposed to be on Friday.  My only guess is that since I'm on the West coast of the US, it will download @ 9PM PST tonight while for folks on the East coast, it will be midnight.  ......at least that's the way it works for digital downloads on past games that I bought.

Yes, that's what it also says on mine as well. 

"Expected Auto-Download Date: 10/18/2018" 

I'm from the Midwest area. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DylBandit said:

Yes, that's what it also says on mine as well. 

"Expected Auto-Download Date: 10/18/2018" 

I'm from the Midwest area. 

Yeah, I think that's what it is then.  I made sure to check the "auto download" box and I'll leave my system on standby tonight.    .......guess I better double check I have room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, I think that's what it is then.  I made sure to check the "auto download" box and I'll leave my system on standby tonight.    .......guess I better double check I have room.

Yeah, I just leave my system on rest mode. Honestly, I was thinking about getting a external hard drive, just because it's good to have to begin with, but I have plenty of space on my console, I deleted most of the games I completely finished, got tired of playing, didn't want anymore, or games that just wasn't my thing. Turns out a lot of games got deleted, so honestly, I'm ready for that monster download! 

 

3 minutes ago, Benjo said:

 The luxury of owning a Playstation, huh

Luxury flow! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DiamondDave said:

I would be pretty upset if I did this download thing and ended up having to wait like 2 hours the night the game comes out. I don't have the best internet right now so I am trying to avoid the download taking forever. 

There was already a 3GB+ patch on day one that was rumoured.  I don't what that would translate to in wait times due to your connection but maybe that a hint at what you can expect in size.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm buoyed by the fact that virtually every time I open BF1 there's another 10GB update that needs to be installed. Thankfully I have a good connection so I'm not too worried about the patches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

There was already a 3GB+ patch on day one that was rumoured.  I don't what that would translate to in wait times due to your connection but maybe that a hint at what you can expect in size.

3GB... I think that takes about an hour for me, depending on my internet. Dammit. I don't have the option to get much better either. I have only 3 providers in the area and the two others are worse than the one I have. How long does it take you for 3GB and what is your internet speed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DiamondDave said:

3GB... I think that takes about an hour for me, depending on my internet. Dammit. I don't have the option to get much better either. I have only 3 providers in the area and the two others are worse than the one I have. How long does it take you for 3GB and what is your internet speed?

About 5-10 mins for me on 250mb fibre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zevick34562 said:

Hey bro so I am also on my Xbox but I see no option to install RDR 2 yet? Could you please tell me where I need to go, thanks so much man!

Have you entered the digital key?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Benjo said:

Have you entered the digital key?

Yah I got it working thanks bro! For anyone else having trouble though. I had to actually go to the game hit start go to manage game and addons, and then go to the update section and hit update, then update all, now it's downloading 88 gbs :D! I'm so happy hahahaha XD I could cry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zevick34562 said:

Do you know when exactly it unlocks? is it midnight when the 26th first hits or?

What timezone are you on?

It's 00:00 on the 26th which for me is 9pm on the 25th. Zing x 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/17/2018 at 9:29 PM, Benjo said:

A beautiful sight to behold.

image.png.99c1220478de0ba9e596cf7d713dd0a4.png

 

Only, it took about 5 minutes to install them all. Pretty sure it didn't include the main game content. 

Still, it's good to see those red tiles. 

 

Yep, 90GB or more next Friday will be painful, but at least its on a weekday so there won't be 4 PC's, 5 Xbox's, 4 Ipad's and 6 phones all online at the same down dragging down my line.

Edit:  Actually I just checked and I see it's already downloaded, all 88.1GB for the main game and 10MB for the pre-order bonus.  Weird as the day I pre-ordered it online via the Xbox store it took maybe 15 secs to download something.  It must have downloaded on its own behind the scenes later.

 

Edited by Force58
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...