Jump to content

Red Dead Redemption 2 offline?


icelightning250
 Share

Recommended Posts

I currently have a problem with my internet provider. I don't have acces to the internet for a week or so. Will I be able to play this game offline? Just pop in the disc in my ps4 and play? Or am i forced to have a internet connection? I read somewhere we are forced to log in to social club before you can play the single player?

 

Greetings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking for answers or people in the same situation as me.

Situation: No internet for Xbox 

Question: Can i still play, or do i need an update or something like that?

Edited by sLLiMM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dubya75 said:

But you are wasting your time posting about it and wasting everyone else's time along with it. Kid.

I will end up trying your insane idea but for the time being I'm not home so just thought I would ask before going home and trying to install and then end up not being able to play altogether, You know?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Dubya75 said:

Here's a crazy idea.... Why not launch your game and see what happens?

To be fair, if he hasn't opened the game yet, he can still return it (as he indicated it's a physical disc, as opposed to a download).  In the event the issues with his ISP persist, why open the game and "test" it if he's going to immediately lose the opportunity for a full refund if it doesn't work?

THAT'S why the question is asked.  If he already opened the game, then you are 100% correct--he's past the point of no return and should just let it play out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sLLiMM said:

Thanks, and the patch is really that big huh?

Pretty big, as I understand it. As far as I know, nobody here has played it without the patch, so I have no idea what issues you might come across.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Skysaw said:

Pretty big, as I understand it. As far as I know, nobody here has played it without the patch, so I have no idea what issues you might come across.

I may just have to wait for internet, as of now I can just bring it back but wasn't really wanting to go with that option.  What is it with day-one updates.😕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It might be really interesting to see how it plays without the patch ... for the sake of experiment/comparison.  There's a fair few bugs, it seems, after patch - so what was it like before?  Inquiring minds want to know :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Poggy said:

It might be really interesting to see how it plays without the patch ... for the sake of experiment/comparison.  There's a fair few bugs, it seems, after patch - so what was it like before?  Inquiring minds want to know :)

Whenever I get home I'm gonna try It and see what happens but I'm thinking Its gonna be like COD: WW2 (It'll just tell me that i require an update) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Dubya75 said:

Here's a crazy idea.... Why not launch your game and see what happens?

I mean it is such a easy thing to find out but yeah maybe OP wants to come back home in the better mood. I would like to know too, I guess. This is this sort of game that I cant stop thinking about when I am out and I have so many questions, some of them could be probably answered by me paying more attention or whatevs but you know sometimes you want to know straight away...I know I would

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mortivore said:

I do not have internet and the game did not prompt me for any update. I haven't run into any noticeable issues yet either 

 You just installed it and it let you play? What system are you using?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JohnConnor said:

I mean it is such a easy thing to find out but yeah maybe OP wants to come back home in the better mood. I would like to know too, I guess. This is this sort of game that I cant stop thinking about when I am out and I have so many questions, some of them could be probably answered by me paying more attention or whatevs but you know sometimes you want to know straight away...I know I would

I could've found out on my own I guess but I figured since I'm at school and I made an account on here I would ask and maybe get an answer or talk to other people with the same problem as me and we could figure something out together.  But I didn't take any offense to what he said honestly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sLLiMM said:

I'm on Xbox hopefully It'll be the same.

Should be fine as long as the console is up to date. I've been without internet a while but keep my firmwares recent and don't run into any problems with games

19 minutes ago, sLLiMM said:

 You just installed it and it let you play? What system are you using?

Didn't mean to quote all this, first time using the board 

Edited by Mortivore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mortivore said:

Should be fine as long as the console is up to date. I've been without internet a while but keep my firmwares recent and don't run into any problems with games

Didn't mean to quote all this, first time using the board 

Yeah it confused me for a bit when i first made an account, but i found this: Rockstar has confirmed that there is a "Day-One Title Update" -- if you downloaded then it should be installed already, disc owners will have to wait though. It won't be required for play at launch (remember, there's no multiplayer until a beta test starts in November), but is recommended. It's full of improvements and bug fixes, and if you can spare a few minutes before checking out some ultra realistic horse poops, then it's probably worthwhile. The patch measures at just over 3GB on both consoles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...