Ads

YodaMan 3D

14 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Is there anyway to block the ads that have just started popping up today at the very bottom of the screen?

Spoiler

They are getting pretty annoying...

I'm enjoying the "spoiler" option though!

Edited by Truth

6 hours ago, debbo89 said:

Not sure why they've appeared all of a sudden, they never used to have ads on this site.  

Free website that someone has to maintain (plus it's an "unofficial" forum).

I can understand a few, but the website loads VERY slow on my phone now...

Edit: Also drains my battery REALLY fast if I forget to close it...

Edited by Truth

I use an ad blocker in chrome but I disable it on sites I like because I want to help them grow and earn. I could understand it being annoying on mobile but I haven't noticed any major issues on my end. Probably a good idea to take it up with the boys in charge, no?

3 hours ago, dIV4r said:

I use an ad blocker in chrome but I disable it on sites I like because I want to help them grow and earn. I could understand it being annoying on mobile but I haven't noticed any major issues on my end. Probably a good idea to take it up with the boys in charge, no?

We are currently doing testing on Ads at the moment, so they might be a little annoying for right now. Guests will see the banners including the footer ad and logged in members will see the banners but not the sticky footer unit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dIV4r said:

I could understand it being annoying on mobile but I haven't noticed any major issues on my end.

My phone is kind of shitty too, so I can't really blame the ads. They just don't help.

10 hours ago, DylBandit said:

sticky footer unit.

The footer started showing up randomly when this post was made. I haven't seen it since though.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:36 PM, DylBandit said:

We are currently doing testing on Ads at the moment, so they might be a little annoying for right now. Guests will see the banners including the footer ad and logged in members will see the banners but not the sticky footer unit.

Good to know. As I said, I get it. The place needs to earn. No shame in that and you have to test ads to see what works best. I've spent enough time on forums to know setting ads up can be a pain in the backside. 

14 hours ago, Truth said:

My phone is kind of shitty too, so I can't really blame the ads. They just don't help.

Ads are almost always worse on mobile I noticed. I jail broke my phone over it. Like I will google something and need an answer and every site just hit me so bad with them that is would get me pissed off. I spent time on places like this on my computer so I don't mind the ads being around.