Jump to content

Herbalist #9 Walkthrough


Saltyballs
 Share

Recommended Posts

If you're anything like me you've likely been putting off completing Herbalist challenge #9 as spending hours searching the map for every single plant seems like a daunting challenge. 

I finally decided to bite the bullet and get it done and so I thought I'd share some resources that helped me to complete it, in hopes that it helps at least one other person. 

The majority of the credit goes to others who created the following video: 

As well as this site: http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-plants-locations/

 

I did however sort the plants by area so you can use it in conjuction with the above links to hopefully save wasting time travelling .

Hope this helps: 

Lemoyne -
Acuna’s Star Orchid
Chanterelles
Cigar Orchid
Clamshell Orchid
Common Bulrush
Creeping Thyme
Evergreen Huckleberry
Ghost Orchid
Lady of the Night Orchid
Milkweed
Night Scented Orchid
Oleander Sage
Queen’s Orchid
Rat Tail Orchid
Red Raspberry
Spider Orchid
Vanilla Flower
 

Hannover West-
Golden Currant
Hummingbird Sage
Moccasin Flower Orchid
Sparrow’s Egg Orchid
Yarrow

Hannover East- 
American Ginseng
Bay Bolete
Blackberry
Burdock Root
Indian Tobacco
Oregano
Parasol Mushroom
Wild Carrot
Wild Mint

Hannover North- 
Ram’s Head
Wintergreen Berry

Ambarino -
Dragon’s Mouth Orchid
 Alaskan Ginseng


West Elizabeth - 
Lady Slipper Orchid
Prairie Poppy

Violet Snowdrops

Austin- 
Blackcurrant
Desert Sage
English Mace
Red Sage
Wild Feverfew
 

Some plants do appear in multiple areas however so I advise creating a checklist to tick them off as you go. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by Saltyballs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Saltyballs said:

If you're anything like me you've likely been putting off completing Herbalist challenge #9 as spending hours searching the map for every single plant seems like a daunting challenge. 

I finally decided to bite the bullet and get it done and so I thought I'd share some resources that helped me to complete it, in hopes that it helps at least one other person. 

The majority of the credit goes to others who created the following video: 

As well as this site: http://www.powerpyx.com/red-dead-redemption-2-plants-locations/

 

I did however sort the plants by area so you can use it in conjuction with the above links to hopefully save wasting time travelling .

Hope this helps: 

Lemoyne -
Acuna’s Star Orchid
Chanterelles
Cigar Orchid
Clamshell Orchid
Common Bulrush
Creeping Thyme
Evergreen Huckleberry
Ghost Orchid
Lady of the Night Orchid
Milkweed
Night Scented Orchid
Oleander Sage
Queen’s Orchid
Rat Tail Orchid
Red Raspberry
Spider Orchid
Vanilla Flower
 

Hannover West-
Golden Currant
Hummingbird Sage
Moccasin Flower Orchid
Sparrow’s Egg Orchid
Yarrow

Hannover East- 
American Ginseng
Bay Bolete
Blackberry
Burdock Root
Indian Tobacco
Oregano
Parasol Mushroom
Wild Carrot
Wild Mint

Hannover North- 
Ram’s Head
Wintergreen Berry

Ambarino -
Dragon’s Mouth Orchid
 Alaskan Ginseng


West Elizabeth - 
Lady Slipper Orchid
Prairie Poppy

Violet Snowdrops

Austin- 
Blackcurrant
Desert Sage
English Mace
Red Sage
Wild Feverfew
 

Some plants do appear in multiple areas however so I advise creating a checklist to tick them off as you go. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the share. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks man! I happen to be working on this now and it has been proven to be quite the pain. Going to reference this tonight when I get back on the saddle. Had to take a break from it for a few days since I have been busy. This has come at the perfect timing. Cheers!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CowBoii said:

Thanks man! I happen to be working on this now and it has been proven to be quite the pain. Going to reference this tonight when I get back on the saddle. Had to take a break from it for a few days since I have been busy. This has come at the perfect timing. Cheers!

You're very welcome, glad I could help. It doesn't take as long as you'd imagine, I'd advise scanning the area you're in to pick up other herbs nearby to save time. It's not uncommon for a location to have 4 different species, sometimes 5. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Saltyballs said:

You're very welcome, glad I could help. It doesn't take as long as you'd imagine, I'd advise scanning the area you're in to pick up other herbs nearby to save time. It's not uncommon for a location to have 4 different species, sometimes 5. 

Yeah, I noticed that. I can't remember where I last saved but I will start there and work my way out. I did not intend on 100%'ing this game but I got too far deep to turn back now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Apparently I left restrictions on. I have since changed that. Hopefully that solves the issue. If not since I cannot figure out how to upload an excel file here, if one of the mods wants to hit me up I can just send it to them for them to upload here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gh0st said:

Apparently I left restrictions on. I have since changed that. Hopefully that solves the issue. If not since I cannot figure out how to upload an excel file here, if one of the mods wants to hit me up I can just send it to them for them to upload here

Can't upload it, only image files.  You can copy/paste like @BropolloCreed79 did in another post for me for the trapper outfits.

This list is also in the Challenges thread

Edited by Kormath
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found this challenge easier than is sounds. I just wrote down a list of every plant then went plant hunting for a while, crossing things off as i found them. After i was down to just a few missing ones, then i searched the internet for where they might be. This map was really helpful, particularly for the Exotics/orchids. https://rdr2map.com/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...