Favorite screenshots

Kormath

Here are a few that I have on my Xbox app, I have many more but they won’t transfer to the app for some reason. Also, apologize for the poor quality, Xbox won’t let me down load to photos so had to take screenshots from the app. Definitely the most beautiful game yet. 

BA8B3E4E-B3CC-4C43-86BA-0E39FBD9302D.png

B1660029-8961-414B-A008-6A4E1FD28588.png

8F020E86-4A80-4235-9DD7-6C80A4DA637E.png

E7A2FFD7-B5B1-4CFA-9C8D-DF49A26626ED.png

Edited by TheBaconator
  • Like 2

Here are 4 screenshots from my first couple of weeks playing. There were all originally saved through PS4's Share function to my FB. Then I DL'd my FB images and uploaded them here. I don't know how much image degradation is occurring, if any, from doing the above. I forget which file formats were used. The last 2 compare a non HDR screenshot (3rd picture) and a HDR screenshot (4th pitcture). The comparison between the 2 looks pretty close to how it looks on my HDR TV. RDR2 has a known issue with it not properly displaying HDR content on the PS4/PS4PRO. I imagine it will be fixed in a future patch. But all these images look about the same, or close, to how they look on my TV.

Furthermore, I don't know if you can take a proper screenshot of a HDR image. For since it's a 10 bit image, then the SS is going to need to be 10 bit too. And you'll need a 10 bit panel to be able to see it correctly. 

1472012426_gravelightning.thumb.jpg.e0a5612a5261638b299238045d7d9a7a.jpg

don't go easy momma.jpg

non hdr ss.jpg

HDR SS.jpg

Edited by Volt
  • Like 2

Is that 2nd pic in Strawberry?  i've only seen the peeping toms there then get busted for going to look at what they were  :P

On 12/4/2018 at 11:08 PM, TheBaconator said:

Here are a few that I have on my Xbox app, I have many more but they won’t transfer to the app for some reason. Also, apologize for the poor quality, Xbox won’t let me down load to photos so had to take screenshots from the app

You can upload them to OneDrive from the Xbox.  then download them to your computer/cell.  That's how i do mine, no loss of clarity that way.

2 hours ago, Kormath said:

Is that 2nd pic in Strawberry?  i've only seen the peeping toms there then get busted for going to look at what they were  :P

You can upload them to OneDrive from the Xbox.  then download them to your computer/cell.  That's how i do mine, no loss of clarity that way.

It was in Valentine. I was wandering around the town at night and saw 2 guys hanging out by a window of one of the buildings. This building is located ...

Spoiler

...north of the Sheriff office next to the road. It's either along the north road or the northeast road. I forget which.

As I approached I could hear them talking. Then they got scared off by me and ran away. I was able to watch things for a short time before they spotted me and closed the curtains. 

1 hour ago, Kormath said:

I love how the vendors come back with bandages :)  this was after

I like that they remember you after being shot in the face. Almost all of them tell me not to pull any more sh*t, or that they're keeping an eye on my lol

14 minutes ago, Truth said:

I like that they remember you after being shot in the face. Almost all of them tell me not to pull any more sh*t, or that they're keeping an eye on my lol

I had this happen to. But it was from doing the bandit challenge, and choosing Valentine. I got in a scuffle with the gun shop owner. He would be someone to pull a gun on me while I was robbing him, huh? But he lived. I liked how the game remembered things when I came back later to buy something.

Finished the hunting requests over the weekend and got to see Ms. Hobbs' work:

Spoiler

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ8hxuvVvKK

Reminded me of my grandpa. He was a taxidermist and we always enjoyed checking out his barn. The 2 things I'll always remember (besides his old school bb gun arcade game) is the mounted lion, and the squirrel shooting a machine gun.

You read that right.

Edited by Truth

• 4 months later...

Do screenshots posted here have to be from RDR2 or can they be from Red Dead Online as well?  I’ve taken quite a few screen captures from Red Dead Online before realizing that they cannot be uploaded to the Social Club because I didn’t use the in-game camera.  I was wondering if I could post some here.

Edited by J.FrankPurnell

Many of the pics that I take center on RDOnline’s environments and populations.  I started experimenting with panaramas recently.  I also experiment with trying to make the photos look period correct. I freely admit to processing shots.  For me that’s half the fun.  But I try to remain true to the spirit of the original image.  All of my shots have to be tweeked initially since the originals are always too dark.

Edited by J.FrankPurnell