Jump to content

Low FPS after update Dec-11 Xbox One X


eddywatson
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, shinji242 said:

Same here .. Played great Monday night. Tuesday after the 1.4 Gb patch, It is so bad I consider it unplayable. No amount of resetting or restart makes any difference.

I would say it's a local issue then.  not seen any other complaints about this in other forums

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Magnimus said:

Happened to me this morning after updating the game. My frame rate looks like it's even lower than 20 and I have no idea how to rollback updates or anything like that. This sucks

If you can, they'd be listed in the game management screen, where the DLC and whatnot are listed.  Not sure you can uninstall an update though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do feel for you guys and I really hope it will work out. I play on the PRO and the fps has been good even after the update and I am very grateful for that as I do not trust R* to do much right when it comes to updates and patches. I do know  that when I have installed big games or updates , I always rebuild my database to clear cache memory and so forth and it maximizes the performance of the PRO. What would be the equivalent on the XoneX? I do own one but just shutting down everything and restart the console is normally enough on the X, is there any other way to make it run smoother after big updates or huge installs?

 

If there is I would be grateful for the information and secondly I think it may be the answer to regain the lost fps. If not, then R* really screwed up since there are really no excuse to why the X should run this game worse in any way, shape or form than any competitor. 

Edited by Minimoni
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2018 at 3:52 PM, Kormath said:

I would say it's a local issue then.  not seen any other complaints about this in other forums

I'm guessing most people don't know these forums exist, and it's the most recent update that's caused the problem. General rule, for every person that posts a complaint there are thousands experiencing the problem that don't post (which would be me if there were answers up already). Thanks for the response anyway

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Magnimus said:

I'm guessing most people don't know these forums exist, and it's the most recent update that's caused the problem. General rule, for every person that posts a complaint there are thousands experiencing the problem that don't post (which would be me if there were answers up already). Thanks for the response anyway

There are more than this forum out in the Cyber world.  So we have 5 here that see an issue, that's a write off until these thousands in your general rule start complaining.  Something local, setting, connection, configuration, etc. 

And if there were thousands you sure as hell would see more than 5 complaints.  Google it, there's nothing out there, no mention on the review sites, the other forums, etc.

Guess we'll wait and see if we get a 45 page thread and top review sites posting about this later.  Took an hour, if that, after the patch for the sites to say it didn't fix the PS4 blur.  You'd think they'd have something if it was an issue 48ish hours later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kormath said:

There are more than this forum out in the Cyber world.  So we have 5 here that see an issue, that's a write off until these thousands in your general rule start complaining.  Something local, setting, connection, configuration, etc. 

And if there were thousands you sure as hell would see more than 5 complaints.  Google it, there's nothing out there, no mention on the review sites, the other forums, etc.

Guess we'll wait and see if we get a 45 page thread and top review sites posting about this later.  Took an hour, if that, after the patch for the sites to say it didn't fix the PS4 blur.  You'd think they'd have something if it was an issue 48ish hours later.

These threads are from the last 48 hrs. Didn't spend too much time searching but here's what came up

https://gtaforums.com/topic/921723-xbox-one-x-performance-horrible-all-of-a-sudden/

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/a5dstj/new_update_caused_more_problems_than_it_fixed/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok I figured it out. If you're as clueless about gaming consoles as I am here's the solution:

My Xbox One X is NOT on power saving mode so the system never really turns off. I guess turning off the system in this mode actually puts it in a kind of sleep mode (?) <- My best guess. You have to hard restart the system by holding down the power button on the console for about 5 seconds or until it turns off completely and the system will fully shut off and the frame rate goes back to normal upon restart. I guess the update triggered lag or something.

Hopefully this helps anyone else in my position.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve had this frame rate drop happen to me after the last patch too, mainly when on horseback. 

Ill check again after this more recent patch and doing a hard reset on the console (whenever my partner allows me to use the console next)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Magnimus said:

Ok I figured it out. If you're as clueless about gaming consoles as I am here's the solution:

My Xbox One X is NOT on power saving mode so the system never really turns off. I guess turning off the system in this mode actually puts it in a kind of sleep mode (?) <- My best guess. You have to hard restart the system by holding down the power button on the console for about 5 seconds or until it turns off completely and the system will fully shut off and the frame rate goes back to normal upon restart. I guess the update triggered lag or something.

Hopefully this helps anyone else in my position.

This helps me since I am really new to the XoneX and normally plays most titles on the PRO. But there are definitely some titles released for all systems that I want to run one my X one my 4K tv in the living room, if my children would let me use that tv that is...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Magnimus said:

Ok I figured it out. If you're as clueless about gaming consoles as I am here's the solution:

My Xbox One X is NOT on power saving mode so the system never really turns off. I guess turning off the system in this mode actually puts it in a kind of sleep mode (?) <- My best guess. You have to hard restart the system by holding down the power button on the console for about 5 seconds or until it turns off completely and the system will fully shut off and the frame rate goes back to normal upon restart. I guess the update triggered lag or something.

Hopefully this helps anyone else in my position.

Good to see you fixed it!  

Are you exiting the game when you're done playing from the game management menu?  or just shutting down the console from holding the home button?  If you exit the game each time you're done playing for an extended period you shouldn't need to hard reboot the system.  I'll do the soft shutdown from the home button if i'm going to cook dinner, or run to the store, or something that will only take a short while.  I always exit the game from the menu when i'm done playing for the night, or if i couldn't sleep and played a bit before going to work, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...