Trick for acquiring best guns?

Cokeyskunk

19 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Has anyone come across a unique way to get the best guns?

Are there multiple ways to obtain guns? I thought it was either through the store or through missions (other than a few).

Which guns are "the best"? I never really compared. I only really use the Springfield rifle, the Lancaster repeater, or the varmint rifle.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Truth said:

Which guns are "the best"? I never really compared. I only really use the Springfield rifle, the Lancaster repeater, or the varmint rifle.

I'm not the one to ask. I just started Chapter 4 yesterday and realized I'm STILL using the Cattleman Revolver.  😒

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I'm not the one to ask. I just started Chapter 4 yesterday and realized I'm STILL using the Cattleman Revolver.  😒

I had a long response to this, but accidentally reloaded the page and it disappeared...

You should be able to access the gunslinger missions. I'd start there if you want pistols/revolvers.

I'm pretty sure you can just buy the Lancaster in chapter 4. That's my go-to because it's more general purpose. Great range (especially with a scope) and speed.

If you're looking for total completion, there are a few guns that can be missed easily. I missed one in chapter 3, so I might have to restart...

Just now, BropolloCreed79 said:

Guns?

GUNS?!?!

Guns are for people who want to abuse Dead Eye.  For an experience that's more fun and rewarding, I recommend DYNAMITE!

You bring up a sore subject, Bro.

I heart dynamite. 

But it really chaps my hide that I bought ALL the ammunition upgrades for my camp and STILL can't get dynamite there! You have to go to a stupid FENCE for the stuff!

That being said, I can't tell you how many O'Driscoll and Lemoyne Raider camps I've snuck up upon with a well-placed sizzling stick. 

BOOM! - gone. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

You have to go to a stupid FENCE for the stuff!

The Lemyone boys I routinely dispatch are carrying the stuff in spades.  In fact, I will gladly roam Lemyone looking for smokestacks just on the chance I'll get to take out a rival gang of goobers and loot them for dynamite.

I've also been known to drive a carriage into their camps for fun. 

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

But it really chaps my hide that I bought ALL the ammunition upgrades for my camp and STILL can't get dynamite there! You have to go to a stupid FENCE for the stuff!

I hear you there. I was under the impression there would be more to upgrade later in the story, so I dumped $2000 into the camp...

The best guns? I have finished the story twice and I am around 98% done with the game in total. I have played for way too many hours as I enjoy the hell out of this game just hunting and being an outlaw/friendly Cowboy. I love each and every aspect of this game and it is now my go to game for relaxing and just having fun and I am just playing the story mode as I hate online. Despite all this and the fact that my main save is way beyond the ending of epilogue 2 and that I have every talisman and such, my favorite weapon is still my two pimped cattleman revolvers! I am a sucker for the Colt SAA models and the cattleman with long barrel makes it the equivalent of Colt SAA Cavalry, and it is sexy as hell! 

I am a little strange that way I guess as I only use revolvers when it comes to handguns, the volcanic is ok because it still has the old west aesthetics and flavor but the more modern handguns is a big no no for me. I do use all the rifles and repeaters since they are good for hunting but my favourite among them are the Lancaster aka Winchester yellow boy repeater and the Springfield trapdoor rifle.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Visit the weaponshop in Rhodes as early as possible, go to the right side of it and observe the "prisoner" in the basement. Free him and grab the Lancaster rifle that is waiting for you there. Upgraded it & give it express-ammo. 

There is another sidemission that gives you a semiautomatic shotgun that is worth finding. North of Strawberry, close to Little Creek River lives an old angry lady. Visit her and go to her basement to picl the semiautomatic shotgun.

The key to everything else: 

https://rdr2map.com/

Edited by Tom Dooley
  • Like 1