Making a new char

Makoki

Hi cowboys n´girls, would like to know if, when i´m making me a new char, will i loose all the stuff i bought (with real money (gold) ) ?

Or where will it go ?

Or can i have various chars to play with ?

Will the first one get lost if i create a new one ?

If somebody here knows about this, please let me know it too.

Thanks ;)

6 hours ago, DLKnives said:

You keep your money and gold and lose everything else.

You do keep your money? I heard that once you delete the character, everything gets reset. I must have heard wrong. So if I earn X amount on my first character, delete them and then start a new one, they will have the same amount of money exactly? 

13 hours ago, DLKnives said:

You keep your money and gold and lose everything else.

That´s bad, i´d spend a lot of real money to buy gold cause i like to dress up and redress my char a lot.

So if i don´t like some aspects of her (just minor things like her chin, ect.) i can´t fix it without loosing all what i bought?

Would be nicer they link these things with our accounts, so we can change chars without looseing real money.

Or making a kind of a safe where we can store things accountwise, so if one design a new char he/she could go there and find his/hers stuff.

But anyhow, thanks for your answer and the info. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't think you would lose items that are unlocked with gold.  If so, that presents a problem since that means items that are possibly bought with money would be lost and a player would have to purchase them again.

@Makoki  I would send a message to  R* through their support page and ask them specifically what happens to items that you have bought with gold and in turn real money when you create a new character.  Personally, I think it should retain those items in your inventory when you create the new one (clothing, etc.) if it is not already.  

Either way, probably best to wait after the beta or the option Poggy mentioned to change your character's features.  In GTA you can do this for a fee.  I would imagine RDO will eventually have the same option.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I wouldn't think you would lose items that are unlocked with gold.  If so, that presents a problem since that means items that are possibly bought with money would be lost and a player would have to purchase them again.

@Makoki  I would send a message to  R* through their support page and ask them specifically what happens to items that you have bought with gold and in turn real money when you create a new character.  Personally, I think it should retain those items in your inventory when you create the new one (clothing, etc.) if it is not already.  

Either way, probably best to wait after the beta or the option Poggy mentioned to change your character's features.  In GTA you can do this for a fee.  I would imagine RDO will eventually have the same option.

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I think the same as you do, it would be a pretty strong fail if we would loose the things we bought, or unlocked , with gold bought with real money. Either by changing char, by a patch wipe or at the end of the beta, if so they  shouldn´t have opened the gold store till the release of the final finished online game part.

Anyway, i don´t know where and how to get in contact with R*. 

Do you think they would answer ?

44 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I imagine the intent was always to have cosmetic items be account bound, but items that are part of game play, such as rifles and weapons, are charater specific.  Probably to discourage people from leveling up, starting over, and being laden with goodies from a previous character.

yeah, i´m with you with that, i just talked about cosmetic items (clothes, ect.) not about weapons.

Edited by Makoki