Patching away this "throwing on the ground"-movement?

Hypnoskully

Howdy partners,

something that is totally annoying me in Red Dead Online, in showdowns and deathmatches...well, simply in every PVP-mode, is this totally stupid "throwing myself on the ground while using this to aim on the enemies head just to get up and kill him directly".
I mean come on, i get that this movement is intentionally made to "safe myself from this deadly bullet" but it gets simply annoying as fkuc! It becomes really a sort of noobish "extra aiming time"-movement without any sense. For a game as realistic as it is, this movement makes no sense as it is used in pvp. Who the fukc could throw himself on the ground like this and while doing so, aiming on the enemies head to shoot him straight dead?! Or why is my aiming disturbed if getting shot, but not if throwing myself on the ground and aiming at the same time (you know, this rotating aiming if getting shot while trying to shoot someone).

Games like rainbow six, where everybody without any fast reactions or skill would simply throw himself on the ground before shooting to get some stupid advantage...well, they patched this stuff out finally. I really hope that they will do so in Red Dead Online. Because dying even if i am the better player or even if i have quicker aiming, just because my opponent throws himself on the ground as a standard reaction....again....and again....aiming on my head while doing so and killing me... its really driving me crazy!

If you are not fast or good enough to kill me in a face off, than you deserve to die. Surviving because of some stupid movement that gives you advantage without any realistic logical sense.... nah, i really cant accept that.

NB: I'm even seeing some players "throwing themselves  on the ground over and over again for some bigger distances to get themselves into cover"...like some seal getting back into water... it was so ridiculous that it wasnt even funny to watch anymore...

What are your thoughts about this?

My thought is that the only place other players can win is in your own head, if you let them. As you already identified, people only throw themselves on the ground like pussy footballers when they can't use the other tools available. Let them, then shoot them.

Totally agree with removing this. Don't mind it being in there, just as long as it is more difficult to aim while diving. We should have prone in this game too, diving to prone makes sense then.

I personally need auto-aim, because I suck at using my thumbs to aim, and I'm too old and too busy to try to achieve expertise body mechanics IOT excel at a video game. Having said that, I don't really go into the PvP games, and I don't really use the diving animation. So, please let me keep it. Maybe have some lobbies that do not allow it, or allow the session to vote to disable it.

Edited by The Coca-Cola Kid