Special Ammo

Mark4407

For those players not high enough to purchase special ammo here are a few spots for some free stuff

Special ammo will help you level up faster as every npc kill with it gives you extra xp for example noobs in missions generally shoot an npc and get 5xp but up your game a bit and use special ammo your potential is this 5xp for kill 5xp for sp ammo 5xp for headshot and 5xp for saddle shot if npc is on horse. So Noob shot 5xp against potential 20xp shot 

Brenan Fort west of Van Horn in the hut inside fort go down into the cellar there are 3 boxes of Express ammo and another box inside a lockbox down there as well 

Also high up in the north slightly right of centre of map there is a lookout type building very high up on the mountains with a hobo camp at the side, go round to the south side of the lookout building and there is a cellar going underneath where there are several boxes of high velocity ammo also loads of tinned food in main room above

Once you have collected it all go to options then online the reload into free roam, you will spawn very close to where you where so you can collect more repeat this till your full of the ammo and other stuff you need.

Remember to check all around the rest of the premises for other stuff to loot, use eagle eye to see where stuff is 

Edited by Mark4407
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BurbonChaser said:

The gang hide out just North of Valentine for shotgun slug x5

What sucks about shotgun slugs is that they don't increase the level of damage the weapon does.   ......unlike Express ammo. 

10 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

Yea, might be a bug, at least it gives the extra xp from using special ammo.  Also, it's my go to for grizzly hunting...one to the head perfect pelt every time.

I thought that too.  In fact, I'm going to go ahead and send my feedback now to R* because in either case, I think slugs should do more damage.  Even the level requirement makes no sense given that it really only increases range and accuracy IIRC.  My Lancaster is a more effective weapon up close based on stats.

Edited by Kean_1

12 hours ago, john013 said:

Near Tumbleweed bit Norht East of it, there is a broken house, there 's a little lockbox under the floor on the front site off the building gives you Express revolver and high velocity riffle ammo.

10 hours ago, BurbonChaser said:

The gang hide out just North of Valentine for shotgun slug x5

Checking these two locations tonight! I am always on the hunt for some special ammo. Thanks fellas. And thanks OP for asking.