Online Beta Progress

Sportty

Question

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Sportty said:

Will the progress and the weapons I have purchased carry on after the Beta phase ends?

If Rockstar does not Reset your character, i guess you are all safe. They will have a shitstorm if the remove all players stuff they have collected, and such.

So, as of now, you are all safe. However.. Rockstar is Rockstar.. And we dont know what they actually plan. 

keep your eyes open for updates soon.. ūüôā

1 hour ago, Sportty said:

Will the progress and the weapons I have purchased carry on after the Beta phase ends?

Yes, RS have said all progress, upgrades, weapons, etc will remain after beta ends. If you delete your character however, during the beta and beyond, you will only retain the cash and gold you own at the time of character deletion. Everything else will be lost.  

3 hours ago, dredd1961 said:

Yes, RS have said all progress, upgrades, weapons, etc will remain after beta ends.

I'm not sure they have quite been that unequivocal (see the other thread where exactly what they have said has been pretty carefully unpacked by Bropollocreed - pinned in the main bit of the forum), unless there is new news, which I hope there is!

Edited by Harlock1796
to reference other thread
  • Thanks 1

Below is exactly what they said on the subject.  The first quote is what they originally stated and then the second is a follow up to help quell fears of a reset:

We hope that all player progress during this early period of the Beta will be able to remain intact long term, however as with many betas for large scale online experiences such as this, there is always the chance that we may need to implement rank or other stat resets in case of issues.

We appreciate all the continued feedback we are receiving on the Red Dead Online Beta. For players concerned about the potential for progress and stat resets, we currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Beta’s rollout. 

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/tags/716?page=2

The fact is that they never promised not to reset progress but they are also trying to avoid it if possible.  Bottom line is they don't plan on it but it is still a possibility depending on what needs to be fixed/changed in the beta.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 11:36 PM, Sportty said:

Actually when RS released the Gun Rush mode. They wrote that the beta will go on for months!  As they continue to add content. So that would suggest that our progress will not be taken a way from us.